We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scuba Diving

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Scuba Diving

We will be in Ambergris Caye in March to dive but am aware that not all tour operators maintain their equipment. Can anyone one advise professional operators? Thanks.

Canada
Level Contributor
846 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scuba Diving

Protech, Chuck and Robbies and there are others too. If you have concerns in this regard and are regular divers, why not get your own gear?

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
6,905 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scuba Diving

Add to that list Amigos and Eco divers, among others

Canmore, Canada
Level Contributor
283 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Scuba Diving

I do agree with seashell. You may want your own gear. We dove with Ecologic tours and they had up to date equipment in excellent shape . We dive recreationally and we have our own fins, snorkel, masks and wetsuits. This is quite cheap to buy. The rest of there equipment is bettter than what i have used anywhere else I have been diving.

Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Scuba Diving

My suggestion is to head out to www.undercurrent.org and see what your fellow divers think. Undercurrent is similar to Consumer Reports i.e. they accept no advertising, all rating of dive shops, live aboards and dive resorts etc are done without the respective shops, resorts etc. knowing they are being reviewed. When traveling to places we know we'll be able to dive we head out to Undercurrent, we've never been steered wrong.

belizeit
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Scuba Diving

I highly recommend Aqua Dives Belize and Aqua Scuba Center. They both have a new fleet of dive boats and new equipment.

6. Re: Scuba Diving

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 12:17