We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel to/from belize city from ambergris caye

Thousand Oaks...
Level Contributor
608 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
travel to/from belize city from ambergris caye

We are planning on renting a house w/pool on ambergris caye in June. We will be 2 families- 4 adults 4 children. We'd like to do zip lines, jungle tours, cave tubing, zoo etc. in Belize City(recommendations appreciated). That being said....how big of a hassle is it to take the water taxi for a couple of day trips into Belize City? I figure two days would be enough since the rest of the time we will be exploring the island and snorkeling.

Also, any suggestions for fun things to do with kids (ages 11-13) in Ambergrise Caye will be appreciated.

Thanks. I really love everyone's opinion. You always help make our vacations epic!!!

Mentioned in this post
Belize City
Belize City
Belize District, Belize
AKJ
Bruceton Mills...
Level Contributor
2,526 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travel to/from belize city from ambergris caye

Its around an hour and a half each way. www.cayecaulkerwatertaxi.com.

You might be better off taking the tours from Ambergris. Lamanai is nice. You can get to the Babboon (think howler monkey) reserve from there. Check Tanisha Tours on Ambergris for possibilities.

There really isn't anything is Belize City I want to visit. The zoo is nice but I wouldn't plan a trip around it. Adding it to other activities would be fun.

We normally go to Caulker so I can't help much. That's worth a day trip too.

Mentioned in this post
Belize City
Belize City
Belize District, Belize
2. Re: travel to/from belize city from ambergris caye

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 06:18