We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buy plane tix in advance from Belize City to Ambergris Caye?

US
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Buy plane tix in advance from Belize City to Ambergris Caye?

Is it necessary to purchase tickets in advance or can we simply buy our round trip tix from BC to Ambergris when we arrive in Belize? Is there any convenience factor that really matters?

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buy plane tix in advance from Belize City to Ambergris Caye?

Buy them in advance. you are assured of a seat.

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,561 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buy plane tix in advance from Belize City to Ambergris Caye?

I've always bought them in advance. If your international flight is late, Tropic is good about getting its passengers to Ambergris that day. Your chances might not be as good if you don't already have a ticket.

London UK
Level Contributor
2,562 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buy plane tix in advance from Belize City to Ambergris Caye?

If there is at least two of you it is cheaper to take a taxi to Belize Municipal Airstrip ($25 -$30) and fly to Ambergris Caye.

Montclair, NJ
Level Contributor
242 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buy plane tix in advance from Belize City to Ambergris Caye?

My plane landed late from DFW on the Saturday before Easter had no problems walking to Tropic Air and buying tickets for 4 persons from the Municipal airport.

Placencia, Belize
Level Contributor
2,041 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buy plane tix in advance from Belize City to Ambergris Caye?

The online booking system at Maya has been only working sporadically for some time now. I would definitely buy in advance, and that is a good money saving tip to transfer by taxi to Municipal if there are a few of you.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
718 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buy plane tix in advance from Belize City to Ambergris Caye?

I have purchased tickets in advance my first few visits and then lately, I email the airline and reserve my flights, but I don't pay for them until I arrive in Belize.

Also, my last trip in February, I flew Maya instead of Tropic and saved $36US (paying US Cash).

7. Re: Buy plane tix in advance from Belize City to Ambergris Caye?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 17:16