We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leaving today..

Tuttle, Oklahoma
4 posts
Save Topic
Leaving today..

Our time has come to part ways with Belize,

We snorkeled & dove with Ecologic divers. They were great and very attentive to our needs.

Hol Chan/ Shark ray alley was good.

Diving was great but viz was down due to the weather.

People on the island most part were ok. The Bothersome beach vendors are a pain. No means no people!

The restaurants are all good food was excellent & fresh the rum punches vary from place to place.

You have to try a shot of the One Barrel Rum smooth & spicy.

the only draw back we came after the rains and the pesky mosquitoes were in full force.

A great experience and we cant wait to return.

Jim & Michelle

Lake Forest...
Level Contributor
569 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Leaving today..

Thanks for the mini-trip report. Looking forward to a longer one when you get home and settled. Sorry about the mozzies, but glad you had a good time regardless.

Ambergris Caye
Level Contributor
208 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Leaving today..

With regards to the Mozzies its that time of year especially after the first rains when they all come out.

Best thing to do is go prepared with a good repellant OFF is the best and its best to be bought with you as it is very expensive on the island.

Apply early mornings and at dusk and you should be just fine.

Gaz Cooper

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,753 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Leaving today..

I was just out on the cayes, and the mozzies were bad, but they were spraying, and they didn't really bother us once we put on some defense. Gaz mentions a good repellent for mozzies, and I can't think of a great repellent for the vendors. Glad to here you had a great time!

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Leaving today..

apply Permethrin to your clothes before you go for extra protection, get it from REI.

Lakin, KS
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Leaving today..

my uncle owns ecologic divers! i'm glad you had a good experience! i'm leaving for belize on friday and can't wait to see the family down there! i've never scuba dove before so i'm pretty excited about the trip!!!! spread the word about ecologic divers! i've seen nothing but great remarks about it!!!

6. Re: Leaving today..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 December 2010, 07:33