We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Bridge

Miilwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Topic
The Bridge

I've noticed a couple people mentioning that the bridge is out. Not sure if this was just temporary, due to weather, etc. or if there's a problem with it. We will be in AC in February and are staying north of the bridge. Any information about this would be helpful. Thanks!

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Bridge

how far north? more than about 4 miles or so you will use the water taxi anyway.

Miilwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: The Bridge

We're staying at Grand Caribe, so only a couple miles. We'll have a golf cart we can use, but I thought I heard mention of "the bridge" being out and I didn't know what that meant. I don't want to be dependent on the water taxi.

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
14,847 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Bridge

I"m not on the island right now, but, this is my understanding. The bridge was closed temporarily to complete the paving of the road from downtown to the bridge. I *think* it's open again.

However, it's in need of repair. Supposedly, materials have been ordered. Not sure when they're supposed to arrive. I don't know if this means the bridge will be closed for any length of time, I would guess most of the time it will simply mean one lane closed. Who knows when this will take place.

Ambergris Caye
Destination Expert
for San Ignacio, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye
Level Contributor
2,460 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Bridge

You will be fin bridge is back in order for now. Grand Caribe is a great place to stay, they have the best pool and all the staff is really nice - especially Cowboy Doug.

5. Re: The Bridge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2012, 10:17