We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

T/A Restaurant Rankings

Austin, TX
Level Contributor
116 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
T/A Restaurant Rankings

How do the rankings work? Everything that I have read on the forums has said that Waraguma and the restaurant at the Victoria House are the two best on the Island. Yet, T/A has them ranked 23 and 25 out of 70. Would appreciate if someone could explain to me. Thanks

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
14,672 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: T/A Restaurant Rankings

I hadn't looked at the restaurant reviews in quite some time. I don't understand them, nor, do I agree with them.

TA won't share how it arrives at its rankings. In Puerto Vallarta, the top ranked restaurant is a (or was last year) a bar that doesn't even serve food.

I'd pretty much just ignore the rankings. Read the reviews and take it from there.

Do realize that Warugama is far from fine dining. I haven't been there in awhile, I was annoyed that their menu didn't have prices listed. I don't know if that's changed. Ask before you order if they aren't there.

Austin, TX
Level Contributor
116 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: T/A Restaurant Rankings

Thanks. The number one restaurant in San Pedro is a frozen custard/sorbet place. I doubt it. They should really redo their ranking system.

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: T/A Restaurant Rankings

lots of good food in san pedro, go and enjoy

Ambergris Caye
Destination Expert
for San Ignacio, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye
Level Contributor
2,442 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: T/A Restaurant Rankings

DandE's frozen custard/sorbet place totally worth a visit. Great product made on the spot. They do a fudge bulls eye where they hollow out a hole in your ice cream cone and drop hot fudge in. It is like a personal sundae.

5. Re: T/A Restaurant Rankings

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2013, 10:22