We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phoenix, Xanadu or Victoria House

jxz
North Little Rock...
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Phoenix, Xanadu or Victoria House

Hi all, planning a trip to AC this summer and am trying to pick the best place to stay. We're looking for nice rooms and we'd like to be within walking/bike distance of restaurants and shops.

The Phoenix looks great but I was also wondering about Xanadu and Victoria House. Any pros and cons for these places? Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
The Phoenix Resort
The Phoenix Resort
1,057 Reviews
Ambergris Caye, Belize
Victoria House Resort & Spa
Victoria House Resort...
1,453 Reviews
Ambergris Caye, Belize
Taco Shack
£, Caribbean, Fast food, Central American
Hungry Grouper
££ - £££, Caribbean, Seafood, Healthy
San Pedro, Belize
Level Contributor
560 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Phoenix, Xanadu or Victoria House

All great choices. Not sure if you are a couple or family, but if you are on your honeymoon, check out the Tower Suite at VH!

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
16,170 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Phoenix, Xanadu or Victoria House

Tough call, although I consider both Victoria House and the Phoenix a notch above Xanadu.

The Phoenix is easily walkable to all the restaurants/bars/shopping downtown. Victoria House is about two miles south of town. Xanadu is a mile south.

Mentioned in this post
Victoria House Resort...
1,453 Reviews
Ambergris Caye, Belize
The Phoenix Resort
The Phoenix Resort
1,057 Reviews
Ambergris Caye, Belize
Ambergris Caye
Destination Expert
for San Ignacio, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye
Level Contributor
2,684 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Phoenix, Xanadu or Victoria House

I agree all great choices.

What month are you planning to come? Lobsterfest is in June.

The organizing committee of San Pedro Lobsterfest is pleased to announce the official dates of the 2012 San Pedro Lobsterfest. Festivities will begin on Friday June 15th, 2012 and culminate with the traditional Lobsterfest Block Party on Saturday June 23rd, 2012. With 9 days of celebrations of all things Lobster, the 2012 San Pedro Lobsterfest is the longest and largest Lobsterfest yet!

http://sanpedrolobsterfest.com/

Mentioned in this post
San Pedro
San Pedro
Ambergris Caye, Belize
jxz
North Little Rock...
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Phoenix, Xanadu or Victoria House

Thanks all for the responses. We are coming in August (not the best month, I know, but the only one that works with our schedule.) Just my husband and me - first trip without the baby!

Online, I liked the looks of Phoenix more than Victoria House, but I keep reading rave reviews for VH. Choices choices!

Mentioned in this post
The Phoenix Resort
The Phoenix Resort
1,057 Reviews
Ambergris Caye, Belize
Victoria House Resort...
1,453 Reviews
Ambergris Caye, Belize
Hon
Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
1,282 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Phoenix, Xanadu or Victoria House

The Phoenix has just been rated as the #1 hotel in the world by tripadvisor... tripadvisor.com/TravelersChoice-Hotels-cTop2… Availability may quickly become an issue so if you like the looks of it, I think you should book it asap.

Mentioned in this post
The Phoenix Resort
The Phoenix Resort
1,057 Reviews
Ambergris Caye, Belize
Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
16,170 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Phoenix, Xanadu or Victoria House

The Phoenix is almost new, hasn't been open all that many years. High end, luxury condos. Beautiful pool area. I've eaten at the restaurant for lunch, it was good. No real beach though, there's a sea wall.

Victoria House is more spread out. Several pools, even some areas of lawn. It has sort of a British plantation feel. Part of the property has a sea wall, part is a beach.

I guess it depends what sort of property you're interested in, and whether you want to be two miles from town.

Mentioned in this post
The Phoenix Resort
The Phoenix Resort
1,057 Reviews
Ambergris Caye, Belize
Victoria House Resort...
1,453 Reviews
Ambergris Caye, Belize
7. Re: Phoenix, Xanadu or Victoria House

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2013, 09:24