We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kanantik, Matachica or comparable, severe food allergies?

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
16 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Kanantik, Matachica or comparable, severe food allergies?

My son would like to vacation to Belize, but is concerned whether it is an option because his wife has severe (life threatening) food allergies to ALL dairy products. They looked into Kanantik and Matachica resorts, but are wondering if that might be too much of a risk because of remoteness (proximity to hospitals) in case of food contamination. Does anyone know of comparable places that would be extremely careful with food preparation, or anything about the Kanantik or Matachica's food service? They have their heart set on Belize, but don't want to risk health concerns.

Thank you. Would appreciate any info offered.

santa elena cayo...
Level Contributor
79 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kanantik, Matachica or comparable, severe food allergies?

I would check with the resorts to see if they prepare meals by request. Many of the resorts will cook special meals for you. Check out the Boutique resorts they are small and cater to special requests.

Ambergris Caye
Destination Expert
for San Ignacio, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye
Level Contributor
2,541 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kanantik, Matachica or comparable, severe food allergies?

You could try Ka'ana, their chefs are great.

http://www.kaanabelize.com/

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
16 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kanantik, Matachica or comparable, severe food allergies?

Thanks for the input. I'll have them check out Ka'ana. Much appreciated.

Level Contributor
377 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kanantik, Matachica or comparable, severe food allergies?

Table Rock also gets amazing reviews about their food.

Cheers,

Carlos

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
249 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kanantik, Matachica or comparable, severe food allergies?

I second Table Rock, we will be staying there in 2 months. They do cater to guests dietary needs. The first email I received from them after making reservation was a food questionnaire.

6. Re: Kanantik, Matachica or comparable, severe food allergies?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 April 2013, 10:28
Get answers to your questions about Ambergris Caye