We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

'The Bachelor' will be featuring Ambergris Caye next week.

Oklahoma City...
Destination Expert
for Oklahoma, Grove
Level Contributor
4,878 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
'The Bachelor' will be featuring Ambergris Caye next week.

They stayed at Coco Beach Resort and should have some great shots of this little piece of paradise. Thought it might be fun for those of you who have never visited A/C to watch. Monday night on ABC stations.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
141 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 'The Bachelor' will be featuring Ambergris Caye next week.

The Ambergris Today newspaper shared the Bachelor’s travels:

The Bachelor started his journey by staying at Coco Beach resort on Ambergris Caye. Romantic dates included “Rojo Lounge on Ambergris Caye, the Great Blue Hole offshore Belize, helicopter rides to the Maya Ruins of Altun Ha and Lamanai, a pool party and a romantic dinner on the beach at Belizean Coves/Coco Beach where they were filming in San Pedro, Ambergris Caye. Word is that the Rose (elimination) Ceremony took place at the Altun Ha Maya Ruins deep inside the rainforest of Belize.”

The Bachelor also spent time on the island of Caye Caulker. According to the Caye Caukler Chronicles, The Bachelor's dates in Caye Caulker “included picking up one of the ladies at the airport, bike rides and strolls around town, dinner and a nighttime shoot at The Lazy Lizard/The Split where the Bachelor and his bevy of beauties partied the night away.”

Fort Worth, TX
Level Contributor
1,000 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 'The Bachelor' will be featuring Ambergris Caye next week.

Have my DVR set!! Never watch the show, but will watch this one!!! :-)

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
361 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 'The Bachelor' will be featuring Ambergris Caye next week.

Can't wait, especially because we leave on our first trip to Ambergris the next morning! : )

Ambergris Caye
Destination Expert
for San Ignacio, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye
Level Contributor
2,444 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 'The Bachelor' will be featuring Ambergris Caye next week.

What perfect timing CocoFrio

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
141 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 'The Bachelor' will be featuring Ambergris Caye next week.

Here is recap of the places The Bachelor visited in Belize:

Featured Hotels:

Coco Beach (Ben's pad)

Belizean Cove Estates (girls pad)

Victoria House (dinner with Courtney)

Dates:

Blue Hole helicopter tour by Astrum with Rachel. Aerial tours don't allow for jumping in the sea. This was just for TV. But you can do a private helicopter tour and get dropped off at a caye close by and visit by boat for snorkeling and diving.

Caye Caulker lobster date with Emily. The bar was the Lazy Lizard. Transport was by Tropic Air. Also easily accessible by boat.

Lamanai Maya ruins with Courtney. Transport was by Tropic Air. This is also accessible by river boat tours. Truly spectacular.

Group date with Casey, was at Shark-Ray Alley. Swimming is safe since these are nurse sharks (kinda like giant catfish) and rays. Great fun!

Final Rose Ceremony was at Rojo Lounge. This great restaurant is affiliated with Azul luxury Villas in Northern Ambergris Caye. Well regarded for the ambiance and excellent cuisine.

Jim Bendt

Owner, Travel Beyond

Oklahoma City...
Destination Expert
for Oklahoma, Grove
Level Contributor
4,878 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 'The Bachelor' will be featuring Ambergris Caye next week.

The show really highlighted the area well. Ivehad lots of Facebook comments and texts from people watching.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
141 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 'The Bachelor' will be featuring Ambergris Caye next week.

For all The Bachelor fans out there here is a link to Ben's Blog about all the places he visited in Belize:

abc.go.com/shows/the-bachelor/travel-guide

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
14,679 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 'The Bachelor' will be featuring Ambergris Caye next week.

That was truly one of the most awful television shows I've ever seen in my life. Some nice scenes of Belize, but, there weren't even any of San Pedro.

My TV apparently hated it so much that it is now dead.

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,753 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 'The Bachelor' will be featuring Ambergris Caye next week.

Jean:

Did you expect anything differently? I refused to lower myself to watch such petty, scripted fodder. Belize had it's image tarnished by that show, I'm sure! You owe your TV a good burial now. And don't buy another one, there are 200 channels and nothing on TV.

Edited: 16 February 2012, 00:55
Oklahoma City...
Destination Expert
for Oklahoma, Grove
Level Contributor
4,878 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 'The Bachelor' will be featuring Ambergris Caye next week.

Different strokes...