We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

August Rain

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
20 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
August Rain

I know that August falls in the wet season. What is the typical rain pattern for August on Ambergris? Does it typically rain constantly all day or does most of the rain arrive with afternoon thunderstorms that last about an hour?

Thanks!

Bryn Mawr...
Level Contributor
171 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: August Rain

Our experience based on two August visits is that August is dry. It occasionally rains at night. We have had an occasional shower during the day, but never more than 30 minutes worth. We had a total of 20 minutes of daytime rain during our 10 day stay in 2011.

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
10,977 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: August Rain

Not specific to Ambergris since I haven't been there but in our 2 visits to Belize in August we had the same experience; we're headed back this year. :-)

Ambergris Caye
Destination Expert
for San Ignacio, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye
Level Contributor
2,453 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: August Rain

Annual Rainfall in Belize by month

http://belize-guide.info/weather/rain/

Bryn Mawr...
Level Contributor
171 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: August Rain

Add to that the the rain seems to fall is brief torrents. I have never had a whole rainy day on AC.

5. Re: August Rain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 18:15