We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is it too rainy in july at Ambergris Caye?

Fayetteville...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
is it too rainy in july at Ambergris Caye?

Trying to plan a vacation to Grand Caribe in mid July . I have had conflicting reports on weather this month. I do not want to sit in the rain everyday? is it smart to go ahead and go? we are Beach and Pool people. Need some good advice.

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
12,446 posts
329 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is it too rainy in july at Ambergris Caye?

We've visited twice in the summer (Belize, not Ambergris) - July/August 2003 and August 2009 - and are heading back this August. For us it has rained almost exclusively at night or not at all - great time to visit. Happy trails!

Fayetteville...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: is it too rainy in july at Ambergris Caye?

THanks... I hear August is typically a little dryer.

Ambergris Caye
Destination Expert
for San Ignacio, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye
Level Contributor
2,630 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: is it too rainy in july at Ambergris Caye?

Grand Caribe is a great place to stay and the folks that run it are all really nice.

I would say it is rare that it rains all day although I would be eating my words a bit after this past weekend lol.

During July, rain is most likely to occur around 6:00 AM , and least likely to occur around 6:00 PM . To the extent thunderstorms occur in Belize during July, they are most likely to occur around 12:00 AM (midnight) , as shown in the following table - http://belize-guide.info/weather/july/

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
12,446 posts
329 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: is it too rainy in july at Ambergris Caye?

I think that's true, 57jan, though it's deeper into hurricane season.

5. Re: is it too rainy in july at Ambergris Caye?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 09:42