We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ambergris Caye in July. Just a few questions...

Kerrville, Tx
8 posts
Save Topic
Ambergris Caye in July. Just a few questions...

My husband and I are going to Ambergris Caye in July.

Is there anything going on during the first couple of weeks in July?

How are the mosquitos?

Is there anything that is a must do/see?

Thanks for all your help.

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ambergris Caye in July. Just a few questions...

mosquitos will depend on previous rains and current breezes, cant predict that. When you went through the things to do link was there nothing that appealed to you? Cave tubing, the zoo, ziplines and jungle walks are all popular mainland activities and can ge done from AC.

Kerrville, Tx
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ambergris Caye in July. Just a few questions...

We are staying on the island the entire 7 days. I didn't know if there was anything happening in July on the island.

San Pedro, Belize
Level Contributor
560 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ambergris Caye in July. Just a few questions...

Lobsterfest is in June, and Costa Maya is in August, I can't think of any organized events in July... you will want to snorkel Hol Chan and Shark Ray Alley, and head over to the mainland one day (really easy to do) for ruins, cave and zip (you can do all 3 in one day if you like). Relaxing and renting a golf cart to explore the island and head over to Palapa bar makes a fun day as well. Your resort will be able to give you the best recommendations based on your interests and budget.

Placencia, Belize
Level Contributor
2,041 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ambergris Caye in July. Just a few questions...

July is the quiet season in Belize, so not much in the way of events. However, you are certain to find plenty to do, bear in mind that you are 1 1/2 hours by boat from the mainland so plan your trips accordingly.

San Pedro, Belize
Level Contributor
80 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ambergris Caye in July. Just a few questions...

Honestly? I love them all. The zoo is fantastic...but so is cave tubing. Definitely snorkeling. The island will be quiet...but not too quiet. You'll find plenty to do.

Hon
Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
1,238 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Ambergris Caye in July. Just a few questions...

Check out San Pedro Scoop. http://www.sanpedroscoop.com/ Scroll down to the bottom of the page to the calendar of events. Click on 'Go To' and choose July 2012. There is lots going on.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ambergris Caye in July. Just a few questions...

Hey Txbeachgrl,

My wife and I will be on Ambergris Caye the first two weeks in July. Want to get together on some trips? My wife wants to do a private day trip with Grumpy and Happy but we'll need at least one other couple, preferably two to make it more affordable.

Fort Worth, TX
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ambergris Caye in July. Just a few questions...

We will also be there the beginning of July. This is our first trip to Belize as we usually go to Mexico a few times a year. Maybe we should plan a meet up for drinks?

Kerrville, Tx
8 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Ambergris Caye in July. Just a few questions...

Chefziggy- our budget is really tight. What kind of private day trip are you thinking about and how much are we talking? This is our first vacation without our daughter, 5, and i am looking forward to being spontaneous.

Mocha2 - we should all definitely meet up for drinks!

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ambergris Caye in July. Just a few questions...

With six people it works out to about $93 per person. Not the cheapest, but they go to the out of the way places that are less traveled.

Just something to think about. :-)

mocha2, this is our first trip there as well. Sounds like a plan!