We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golf cart vs bicycle

Plaquemine...
Level Contributor
24 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Golf cart vs bicycle

How important is it to lease a golf cart to get around? Staying in December for four days. Hotel provides bicycles free of charge. It is me and my 18 year old daughter, so no little ones with us that we need to drive around.

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golf cart vs bicycle

if the hotel is in san pedro a bike is fine, if the hotel is miles out of town i would want a GC?

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,041 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Golf cart vs bicycle

As Katzgar says, this is all a matter of how far away from town that you'll be staying.

Plaquemine...
Level Contributor
24 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golf cart vs bicycle

We will be at Xanadu resort.

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Golf cart vs bicycle

I have faith in your ability to figure things out

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,041 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Golf cart vs bicycle

I live a few hundreds yard north of Xanadu when I'm on the island. We stay for three months at a time. We've rented a golf cart once, for just a week, I really don't remember why.

My back doesn't like bicycles much, we pretty much walk everywhere. Take the occasional cab (US$5.00) if we're out late or have lots of groceries and we're in town.

I certainly wouldn't rent a cart for your entire stay. Maybe rent one for a day to explore, but, if you like to bike, it's really more fun on a bicycle, since you can ride on the beach.

Plaquemine...
Level Contributor
24 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Golf cart vs bicycle

Thanks Jean!! We do like to bike. I was considering just what you suggested. Rent one for a day to explore and bikes/taxis the rest of our stay.

Ambergris Caye
Destination Expert
for San Ignacio, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye
Level Contributor
2,501 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Golf cart vs bicycle

Agreed cart for a day or 2 to go north and south is fun, but you should be fine on bikes and foot.

8. Re: Golf cart vs bicycle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 05:17