We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snakes??

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Snakes??

Planning a trip to Belize but I am really fearful of snakes. Can anyone share their experiences while visiting and any snake encounters?

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
14,960 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snakes??

yea, last spring a boa got tangled in the axle of a golf cart by Caribbean Villas. Drew quite a crowd. A local guy finally got in unwrapped and released it in the woods across the street. A few scratches, but it seemed fine. About five feet long.

Cypress, Texas
Level Contributor
1,348 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snakes??

Unless you are going to be reaching your arm up into rock crevices or walking barefoot through the jungle at night, it's very doubtful that you will get to see a snake on your visit.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,363 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snakes??

.....or putting your hand into "leaf litter" on the other side of a log in the middle of the jungle or hopping over logs in the middle of the jungle

Edited: 02 July 2012, 05:54
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,363 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Snakes??

We also saw a big boa wrapped around a power line right near a power pole. It looked like it just ate something. It was fat!

We saw a baby fer de lance hanging out at a frog pond one night. We got a little too close when I look at our pictures.

There are lots of garter types of snakes around the lodges too. You gotta get over your snake thing if you're going to the jungle and a tropical place.

Placencia, Belize
Level Contributor
2,041 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Snakes??

Chances are you won't see a snake. I always offer guests a million dollars if they can bring me back a snake, haven't paid out yet....(not that I would LOL!)

Hon
Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
1,238 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Snakes??

I have been traveling to Belize for almost 9 years and have never seen a snake...and I'm looking for them! I love snakes :~)

San Pedro, Belize
Level Contributor
560 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Snakes??

I have lived in Belize for almost 9 years, mainland (middle of jungle), and the Cayes. I suppose I have seen 1/2 a dozen snakes, certainly nothing that should deter you from visiting Belize.

Strasburg Co.
Level Contributor
24 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Snakes??

If you want to go to a jungle where there are no spiders or snakes go to Tahiti but it will cost 4 times what it costs to go any where else.

9. Re: Snakes??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 July 2013, 05:17