We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tranquility Bay

Boston...
Level Contributor
155 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Tranquility Bay

How do you go about getting to Tranquility Bay? I am confused as to where you fly into. TIA

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tranquility Bay

You fly into Belize City from the US and then puddle jump to san pedro and water taxi to TB

Boston...
Level Contributor
155 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tranquility Bay

Thanks, I wasn't sure if you needed a flight from San Pedro. Can anyone tell me how you book a flight to San Pedro? It won't plug in when I try to search for flights from Boston.

And this is unrelated, but are you able to enjoy the Mayan ruins/ rain forest/ world-class fishing from TB or is too isolated? The main reason I am looking at it is for snorkeling from the beach, however I really want to get on some bonefish, and see the ruins and rain forest.

Once again, Thank you in advance...

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
7,086 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tranquility Bay

You fly into Belize intl (BZE) and catch a 20 mins flight from there to San Pedro. The hotel can book this for you. Plsit your trip between the beach and mainland for Mayan sites and more as TB is far from town and day trips to the mainland

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
11,711 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tranquility Bay

I'd split your trip, spending part inland for the ruins/rainforest part and the rest at Tranquility Bay. I can't recommend it personally, though, until after we get there tomorrow. ;-)

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tranquility Bay

www.tropicair.com

mayaair.com

they fly the same type planes

Boston...
Level Contributor
155 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tranquility Bay

Thank you all for the replies. I will only be there for 5 nights so I'm not sure I want to split the trip, but I can't go to Belize and not see the rainforest! :) Guess I need to do some more research...

Edited: 13 August 2012, 01:06
The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
11,711 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tranquility Bay

Consider a day trip to the Lamanai Maya site; it includes a road trip and a boat trip each way on the jungly New River - might be enough of a jungle/ruins fix for a 5 day trip. Happy trails!

Boston...
Level Contributor
155 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tranquility Bay

Thank you! Enjoy your trip!

Sturgis, Michigan
Level Contributor
127 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tranquility Bay

We stayed at TB as the 2nd half of our honeymoon. You can do a day trip from TB, but several guests spent most of the day traveling. I would do what some others suggested...fly into Belize City. Stay on the mainland for a few nights and do the ruins, ATM cave, etc., then transfer back to Belize City, fly on Tropic over to San Pedro, then don't leave TB once you get there unless it's to go diving, snorkeling, or back into San Pedro. You can snorkel from your cabana all day and not see everything. If you're lucky, you'll even get to see Manatee, a shark perhaps, and certainly rays and loads of fish.

10. Re: Tranquility Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2013, 19:15
Get answers to your questions about Ambergris Caye
Recent Conversations