We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Capt. Hilly boo

Cullman, Alabama
Level Contributor
91 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Capt. Hilly boo

Anyone done any charters with Capt. Hillyboo of Freedom tours/fishing unlimited? Not much about him review wise I can find. Seems to have lots of experience on fishing. Considering a fishing/bbq/snorkel combo with him....Thanks!

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,231 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Capt. Hilly boo

There are folks who rent the condo under mine every year. The guys go fishing three or four times in two weeks with Capt. Hilly boo. They usually fish for wahoo and such. Lucky for us, they've caught lots of fish over the years.

The past couple years we've had great meals, invited everyone staying at Coral Bay, and all the staff. Makes for a very fun evening.

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Capt. Hilly boo

Wahoo Pate

1lb. cooked wahoo steaks (skin and Bone removed) cut into cubes.

¾ cup finely chopped watercress leaves or ½ cup finely chopped parsley

3 tablespoons chopped scallions

2 teaspoons pimento

1 teaspoon salt

1/8 teaspoon ground hot red pepper

1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

¾ cup heavy cream

Place wahoo steaks in food processor, process until very finely chopped. Pour in ¾ cup cream. Process until smooth, stir in remaining ingredients. Turn mixture into mold or shape as desired. Garnish with cherry tomatoes and watercress or parsley—chill. Serve with crackers as hors d’ oeuvres.

Cullman, Alabama
Level Contributor
91 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Capt. Hilly boo

damn Kat, that sounds awesome....lotta grocery shopping, but awesome!

now all I gots to do is get hillyboo on the wahoo for me.....

Cullman, Alabama
Level Contributor
91 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Capt. Hilly boo

drinkin some Sailor Jerry tonight, best approximation of One Barrel we have around here. getting in the mood for our Sunday landing in AC. where's the best joint open right now for some serious to middling rum tasting?

Toronto, Canada
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Capt. Hilly boo

I booked a charter with Hilly Boo for my trip last week- Not a good story.

Wont go through the long and gory details, but ill tell you this:

I had specifically booked a back water charter for Tarpon. The guy who showed up came totally unprepared for Tarpon, in fact he was unprepared for everything. He didnt even bring a tackle box. We ended up agreeing to do some Bonefish on the ocean side of the island and a bit of reef fishing. caught about 6 tiny bones (all a pound or so) which got boring very fast, it was obvious that there were none of any size. The gear he had was horrible, the reels felt like they were missing bearings, i shudder to think what would have happened if I did hook a 4 pound bone. Went to go Reef fishing, but he didnt have any lead so it was near impossible to get the sardines down past the sgt majors, caught some snapper and decided to go snorkeling instead. DO NOT BOOK WITH THIS CLOWN, it appears he is better with Google than guiding.

Ambergris Caye
Destination Expert
for San Ignacio, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye
Level Contributor
2,510 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Capt. Hilly boo

KatzgarI am not a fan of pate but you may have just changed that, your recipe for Wahoo Pate sounds yummy.

Sorry to hear of your bad fishing experience Dorado_Dr. Hope you have better guide luck next time.

Medford, Oregon
Level Contributor
12 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Capt. Hilly boo

We booked a deep sea trip with him. It was terrible. All 5 of us had a miserable time and it had nothing to do with whether or not fish were biting. We were suppose to get 4 hours, but we requested to return after 3. I wrote a review for "Freedom Tours" (his outfit) if you want all the reasons why we were displeased. I, for one, will never fish with his company again.

8. Re: Capt. Hilly boo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2014, 05:15