We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Girls Trip to Ambergris Caye

New Orleans
5 posts
Save Topic
Girls Trip to Ambergris Caye

A friend of mine and I are going to Belize next week. We were hoping to get some suggestions of good places to eat and go out at night. We'll be staying at a hotel very close to San Pedro. Also, are there any companies that do group fishing trips? The private ones are a little pricey. Thanks in advance!!

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Girls Trip to Ambergris Caye

Live music many nights. You may enjoy Dennis Wolf. Somewhere. Most nights. Ask for the Buffet song Gringo in Belize , or She's in love

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,559 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Girls Trip to Ambergris Caye

I don't know of any group fishing tours. If you want to fish, I suspect you'll have to pay for a charter. Or, find someone to share one with.

Next week is the second week of Jerry Jeff Walker's Camp Belize. Lots of musicians follow him to Belize.

Lots of good music will be present all over the island.

What kind/price of food are you looking for?

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,753 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Girls Trip to Ambergris Caye

San Pedro is the place for live music. Every night of the week, usually at many different places. There are tons of great places to eat at.

Ambergris Caye
Destination Expert
for San Ignacio, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Girls Trip to Ambergris Caye

You could ask at your hotel if there are any guests who might want to do a split on fishing trip.

New Orleans
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Girls Trip to Ambergris Caye

Good idea, thanks!

New Orleans
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Girls Trip to Ambergris Caye

We'd love to try out some good local food. Mostly inexpensive/moderately priced restaurants but an occasional nicer dinner out is possible too.

Great to hear about all of the music spots! We'll definitely check those out.

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,559 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Girls Trip to Ambergris Caye

El Fogon, Waruguma, My Secret Deli for good local food. Caramba and the Reef for moderate fish dinners.

Wild Mango's for more upscale.

We tend to go to the more upscale places for lunch, prices are generally pretty reasonable.

Seymour, Connecticut
Level Contributor
7 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Girls Trip to Ambergris Caye

We really enjoyed El Fogon and My Secret Deli for good local food.

Note that some books and sites say the El Fagon is only open for lunch and is cash only. But, we found it was open for dinner also and does take major credit cards.

Wild Mango was also good. And try the chocolate milkshake at the Chocolate Factory

9. Re: Girls Trip to Ambergris Caye

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2014, 06:17