We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental property help!!

Warwick, NY
Level Contributor
119 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Rental property help!!

Can someone please recommend a proporty or two that would meet the following criteria:

1. can accomodate 4 people

2. on the water

3. less than $2000 a week for 12./26 - 1/2 (I know it is the most expensive time)

4. can kayak out to the reef for snorkeling

5. clean and not run down

I had a place all picked out, Diamond Reef Condos, and then I read some comments on here that suggested the access to beach is not nice, there is a dump in the back and other issues.

I feel like every time I decide on something about this trip, I find out another piece of info that makes me change my mind.

Thanks everyone for any help.

Eric

Donegal;PA
Level Contributor
325 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rental property help!!

Check out places on http://www.vrbo.com/. I always look at the comments. A couple of two bedroom places that look nice are #418768 and #134159. There are many more listed.

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,330 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rental property help!!

In addition to VRBO, I'd look at M&M Rentals, and Caye Management and see what they have to offer.

If you stay north, you will be a bit closer to the reef. I live a mile south and people kayak from here to snorkel on a regular basis.

Ambergris Caye
Destination Expert
for San Ignacio, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye
Level Contributor
2,525 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rental property help!!

If you do not mind staying a bit north [7.2 miles], X'tan Ha Resort is a, closer to the reef villa option that has kayaks, paddle boats, padle boards and a water trampoline. They have bar and separate restaurant onsite great stretch of beach and all the villas were recently refreshed and repainted.

http://www.xtanha.com/

Georgetown, Texas...
Level Contributor
1 post
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rental property help!!

I agree with the above. X'tan ha is built around outdoor fun. Excursions take off right from the dock, and bikes and a catamaran are also available. You can always find something to do, and the resort boat goes to town to pick up guests often, so a free ride in to San Pedro is always a possibility. A bike trip south to the sister resorts of the company, stopping to eat on the way is a great day trip. There are some new garden villas to the back of the property that are steps away from the beach that will be in your price range for high season most likely, and if you get in touch with them now, I think your budget will work. Speak with Miriam in reservations.

Hon
Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
1,253 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Rental property help!!

Scroll up to the top of this page and click on Vacation Rentals. You'll get both TripAdvisor and FlipKey listings that you can filter using your stated criteria.

6. Re: Rental property help!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2014, 04:16