We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caracol, ATM, Lamanai: Should we do them all?

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
2 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Caracol, ATM, Lamanai: Should we do them all?

Am planning a visit to San Ignacio with 4 teens where we'll visit Caracol, ATM and go cave tubing. Then we'll head to Ambergris Caye. Just wondering if we should also go to Lamanai or focus more on snorkeling while on AC?

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,753 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Caracol, ATM, Lamanai: Should we do them all?

I'd highly recommend Lamanai. It's different, and it's on the water. Plus, the boat ride up the New River to get there is part of the excitement.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Caracol, ATM, Lamanai: Should we do them all?

I would say do all. Lamanai and Caracol are two different site from to different time in the Mayan History. You will enjoy

Stillwater...
Level Contributor
848 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Caracol, ATM, Lamanai: Should we do them all?

Yes, do them all. I've dragged my son thru Mayan ruins for years. At first he complained, (ok, he still does), but now he's the first one to the top. Over the years he has begun to take an interest in them, and to listen to what I tell him about them. My hope is someday his interest will get him to return on his own.

4. Re: Caracol, ATM, Lamanai: Should we do them all?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2014, 05:17