We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Update on Ramon's Village

rgriffin2
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Update on Ramon's Village

Hello, I have a reservation at Ramon's Village the week of New Year's and ever since the fire I've been nervous about keeping the reservation. I know they are fully under construction, and the people in Alabama say everything will be complete by December.

For the amount of money I'm paying for an ocean front room on a holiday weekend, I would like all amenities to be available (restaurant, pool, etc.).

Is there a local that can give me some comfort on the progress being made?

Also, is there anywhere special I should make a reservation for New Year's Eve? (dinner, club, etc.)

Thanks!!

Caribbean
Level Contributor
5,317 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Update on Ramon's Village

I can't make any kind of personal report on the progress, but last week, the rebuilding progress was reported on the local Channel 7 TV News...

www.7newsbelize.com/sstory.php?nid=26775

Buckhorn, Canada
Level Contributor
558 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Update on Ramon's Village

We are staying down the beach from Ramon's and they are working hard to rebuild. We are watching as it progresses. At dinner there the other night, they told us they would be finished and fully opened on December 20th. So you should be fine. Sorry, I don't have any recommendations for New Year's.

Ambergris Caye
Destination Expert
for San Ignacio, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Update on Ramon's Village

Ramon's Village is doing a fantastic job of bouncing back.Their countdown sign was at 66 days left till they are ready for their big reopening party.

For new years town is usually a big party and people go from place to place. Last Year Lola's right in town had a big street party with a band out front.

4. Re: Update on Ramon's Village

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2014, 05:18