We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Night time travel around Ambergris Caye

NYC
14 posts
Save Topic
Night time travel around Ambergris Caye

I booked a 7 night stay at Las Terrezas for three single women. We are probably going to want to go out to dinner in town most nights. What is the best way to travel at night to and from the town? Are there car taxis for night time? Would we be better off staying at a hotel closer to town? Thx!

Lafayette, Indiana
Level Contributor
433 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Night time travel around Ambergris Caye

Being that far north, water taxis are really your only travel option, but I am unsure of their schedule and how late they run at night.

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
14,746 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Night time travel around Ambergris Caye

Yes, water taxi is your only real option, especially at night. Cost last spring from San Pedro to Las Terazzas was US$7.00 a person one way.

If you think you'll be in town most nights, I'd consider staying closer to town. But, that's just me. I don't like being on the water taxis schedule.

Ambergris Caye
Destination Expert
for San Ignacio, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye
Level Contributor
2,453 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Night time travel around Ambergris Caye

Coastal Xpress water taxi schedule

http://www.coastalxpress.com/

4. Re: Night time travel around Ambergris Caye

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Ambergris Caye