We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding in Ambergris Caye

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Wedding in Ambergris Caye

I'd like to get married in Ambergris Caye and I've noticed conflicting information on the best time of year to do this (specifically concerning rain). I've heard August is a good time to visit, despite the fact that it's during the Hurricane season.

Does anyone have any advice?

Caribbean
Level Contributor
5,504 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding in Ambergris Caye

Mid-August might be a good time.

Although August is in the hurricane/wet season, we have experienced very few (if any) hurricanes in August, and in mid-August, there is a well-known dry spell.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding in Ambergris Caye

Thank you so much...I cannot express how confusing it can be when only using internet research (and no personal experience)! You rock. I noticed that May has little rainfall when I check weather websites...would you have any thoughts on that?

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
7,006 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding in Ambergris Caye

Beginning of May is usually always dry. We can get rains mid May and rainy season can start earlier in May than its traditional start date of June 1. April is also a lovely month. My favorite is March, when do can get northers with overcast skies and some rain

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding in Ambergris Caye

Thank you so much!

Ambergris Caye
Destination Expert
for San Ignacio, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye
Level Contributor
2,510 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wedding in Ambergris Caye

Much like computers weather has a mind of it's own. Here are a few guideline sites to hopefully help you decide.

Climate patterns by month

http://www.belizenet.com/weather/climate.html

Belize Weather by month

www.slickrock.com/belizeweather.html

Belize Annual rainfall

http://www.belize.com/belize-annual-rainfall

Average monthly rainfall

http://www.hydromet.gov.bz/climate-summary

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Wedding in Ambergris Caye

thank you so much! i did check out similar sites but it can be a bit confusing since i've never been...for instance, mid-nineties seems hot, but maybe the breeze cuts down on the heat? Thanks so much.

Mar

San Pedro, Belize
Level Contributor
897 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wedding in Ambergris Caye

Weddings in Belize in August can be perfect, but it is also very hot at that time of year. Bring plenty of sun screen and sunglasses and plan to have your wedding quite late in the day. You may also find this link helpful with your planning. ambergriscaye.com/pages/town/marriage-Weddin…

Edited: 03 December 2013, 16:04
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Wedding in Ambergris Caye

Thank you so much collyk! Seriously...i'm afraid it's going to be so hot that i'm going to want to rip my wedding dress off!!!! I hope there is a breeze!

San Pedro, Belize
Level Contributor
897 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wedding in Ambergris Caye

Mar A. If you haven't already, make sure that your dress is comfortable and light. Most brides don't get dressed until about 20 minutes before the wedding (most don't until about 5 minutes before the wedding). Unfortunately though, August is not the time of year for a breeze.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Wedding in Ambergris Caye

OMG thank you for this advice! I already bought my wedding dress, which is not exactly....light (eeks) but maybe i can plan on changing into something more loose fitting later!