We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best dive sites near Ambergris Caye

Woodinville...
Level Contributor
58 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Best dive sites near Ambergris Caye

We plan on largely following the lead of our dive master. However, should we be requesting anything? We are diving 5 days (2/day) and not planning on leaving the AC area (not going to the Blue Hole, etc.). I hear Hol Chan and shark ray alley are definitely something to do even though they can get crowded. We are staying at X'tan Ha so we will ride kayak out to Mexico Rock.

With 5 days, I hope we don't end up just going to close places unless they really are the best. For example, since we are already 7 miles north of town, are there any great dives up north (even farther up from X'tan Ha? Also, the dive shop might want to only go to the place up north with Hol Chan being the farthest south. Is that OK? Are there a ton of great dive sites along the reef or are there particular spots that are clearly destinations to plan to see?

Thanks,

Marc

Ambergris Caye
Destination Expert
for San Ignacio, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye
Level Contributor
2,525 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best dive sites near Ambergris Caye

I am not sure who you plan to use for diving but check in at Lola's Pub when you arrive and ask for the owner Steve. He is an avid diver and will give you good advice to his favorite spots over the years he has been here.

Here are 2 links to ACMB you will find helpful to see what is out there for dive sites.

Map to dive sites

ambergriscaye.com/pages/…divesitesBIG.html

More info

ambergriscaye.com/pages/town/divesites.html

2. Re: Best dive sites near Ambergris Caye

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2015, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Ambergris Caye