We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggage weight

North Bennington
Level Contributor
6 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Luggage weight

According to Belize air, their luggage weight limit is 33 lbs. Most airlines weight limit seems to be 50 lbs. Has anyone run into an issue with over weight baggage with Belize Air?

Jim

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,140 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luggage weight

I've never seen or heard of Tropic Air charging for over weight baggage. If it fits in the plane, they'll take it. We come for several months at a time, frequently have 50 pound bags.

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
11,278 posts
326 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luggage weight

I haven't heard of Belize Air - the usual choices are Tropic Air and Maya Regional. Jean's an expert - lives in Belize part time. I'm an expert on packing light so unless you're moving down, would recommend this website:

www.onebag.com

Have a great trip!!

North Bennington
Level Contributor
6 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luggage weight

Oops. My mistake, I meant Tropic air

Upstate NY
Level Contributor
141 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luggage weight

We've encountered this elsewhere. If you have a large bag that is over their limit, it will probably arrive after you do. Their website indicates the bag will be flown as space becomes available. On one trip (can't remember where but it was not Tropic Air) all the passengers were asked how much they weigh and once on board our seating was all re-arranged. Not to worry, Jim. You & your luggage just may not be on the same flight.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
31 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luggage weight

We recently flew on Tropic Air with four large (nearly 50 lb) duffels and several reusable shopping bags of groceries and liquor and there was no issue (nor did they ask us our weight)...

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
373 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Luggage weight

We flew Tropic Air from San Ignacio to San Pedro, then from San Pedro to the int'l airport. I am a horrible over-packer. I usually have to rearrange my stuff at some point just to make the 50lbs requirement the major airlines have, plus one or more carry-ons -- and that's not including my husband's bag (I know.... I have a problem.... if only I could be more like hopefulist!)! On each Tropic Air flight, they got all our luggage on the plane and never even mentioned it being a problem! They were less concerned about it than the major airlines here in the States!

North Bennington
Level Contributor
6 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Luggage weight

Great. Thanks for your help

Jim

8. Re: Luggage weight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2015, 05:18