We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cart rentals norht of town & Tropic Air

Portage, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Cart rentals norht of town & Tropic Air

We are coming in on Feb 5th on ariving BZE at 3:45pm, would we have time to make the 4:40pm tropic air flight to San Pedro?

I was also wonder if there was a golf cart rental place that will rent carts to go 5+ miles north of town. We are staying at La Perla Del Caribe and really want a cart for the week.

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
14,960 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cart rentals norht of town & Tropic Air

You should be able to make the 4:40. I'd go ahead and reserve it. If you're a bit late, they'll put you on the next flight. When the international flights arrive, there are multiple flights to Ambergris, even though the website only lists one.

I don't know about the golf cart rental. I wouldn't rent one until you arrive and see for yourselves just what a pain in the butt that drive would be. It's been sunny for three days, but, even in town, there are still huge puddles.

Ambergris Caye
Destination Expert
for San Ignacio, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye
Level Contributor
2,490 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cart rentals norht of town & Tropic Air

Ultimate Cart Rentals may rent that far north. You can also check with La Perla Del Caribe and see who they recommend to guests for cart rental option. Coastal Xpress water taxi schedule http://www.coastalxpress.com/

Portage, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cart rentals norht of town & Tropic Air

Are there taxi's at the air strip that will take you to the Coastal Express Dock?

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
14,960 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cart rentals norht of town & Tropic Air

Yes, there are almost always lots of taxis waiting at the air strip. Only once have we had to wait a few minutes for a cab.

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
19,037 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cart rentals norht of town & Tropic Air

We came in on the 3:40p flight from DFW a few weeks ago and were booked on the 4:40p to San Pedro. Custom and Immigration took forever and we were still in line at 4:30p. Everyone was late but Tropic Air basically ran flights every 10 mins until everyone (and their luggage) made it there. We eventually boarded at 5:10p but our luggage didn't make it over until the next flight. There were many taxi minivans waiting to take luggage and passengers.

Sedona, Arizona
Level Contributor
31 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cart rentals norht of town & Tropic Air

We were staying about 5 miles north of town and had reserved carts for the week. They couldn't even deliver them because the road are in such poor shape with the rain. My advice is forget the carts, use the water taxis .

It will be a miserable slow bumpy drive.

I would try to rent bikes if you can.....you can ride these on the beach trail. Once you get north of the bridge to San Pedro you realize things are a bit more primitive, except within the confines of each resort!

7. Re: Cart rentals norht of town & Tropic Air

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2015, 05:23