We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

spending three days on Ambergris

Salt Lake City...
Level Contributor
78 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
spending three days on Ambergris

We are ending our trip in Belize on Ambergris, getting there Friday August 28 in the mid-morning or early afternoon and checking out on Monday, September 1. We will be coming from Caulker, and we're staying at Colinda's Cabanas there and Ruby's on Ambergris. I think we're going to do a whole lot of nothing on Caulker and so I will want to do a snorkeling trip from Ambergris. My wife will be interested in shopping and maybe a massage. For the snorkeling trip, should I just go with any of the tour companies that have decent reviews and go out to Hol Chan and shark ray alley? Or is there something else that isn't to be missed in terms of snorkeling and a specific company does it best? Where (if any) are some good markets for haggle-type shopping? Good place to get a cheap massage?

Thanks

Ambergris Caye
Destination Expert
for San Ignacio, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye
Level Contributor
2,616 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: spending three days on Ambergris

Most tours companies are good. Seaduced and Tanisha two very popular tour companies. Hol Chan is snorkel trip is popular and run daily.

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
22,331 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: spending three days on Ambergris

Right in front of Ruby's by the water are three reputable outfitters. Tuff e Nuff runs the water taxi to the resorts where we stayed (Belizean Shores) and do excursions - we did Hol Chan and Lamanai through them. Next door is Sea-Rious with whom we booked a great day trip to see the manatees and snorkel outside the reef at Goff's Caye, with a short stop and Caulker. Seaduced is just down the beach.

Salt Lake City...
Level Contributor
78 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: spending three days on Ambergris

Thanks, that is helpful. I will check them out when I am there.

4. Re: spending three days on Ambergris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2015, 06:18