We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Attire at Dinner

Amelia Island...
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant Attire at Dinner

From my research it appears Ambergris is very casual and laid back. Our kind of vacation!

For dinner, are there any restaurants where shorts and nice shirt are not dressy enough? We pack very light, carry on only, so tend to avoid restaurants that require dressing up.

We are arriving next week and wondering if it gets cool in the evenings with an ocean breeze and if a light jacket or sweater is needed? I do generally wear a jacket on the plane, just wondering what to expect at night.

Thanks for any assistance. Looking forward to our first visit!

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,505 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant Attire at Dinner

You might feel under dressed in shorts at some of the resort restaurants up north. I don't know though, I don't eat at them.

In town, I know of no where that you would feel 'under dressed' in shorts and a t-shirt. Most places you don't even need shoes.

I get cold easily, so often have a light sweatshirt with me in the evenings, only need it if we're eating/drinking on the beach where the wind is blowing. Most people don't need them.

Amelia Island...
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant Attire at Dinner

Thank you for your quick response. We don't plan to eat dinner at any resorts up north, so sounds like we'll be fine at most places.

San Pedro, Belize
Level Contributor
953 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant Attire at Dinner

I don't think there is a restaurant on the island that you can't eat at in bare feet, shorts and a t shirt. Have a great time!

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,753 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant Attire at Dinner

When I visit AC, I don't even wear shoes on the trip out. No problem having no shoes. You'll want to wear a shirt...

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
240 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant Attire at Dinner

NO Shoes, NO Shirts, NO Problems.. Gotta love Belize :)

Amelia Island...
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant Attire at Dinner

Thank you everyone! Looking forward to having a great time!!

Fort McMurray...
Level Contributor
493 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant Attire at Dinner

If you are planning your eating around San Pedro proper dress code does not apply. Just simply follow your nose and let the good smells lead you! Hard to go wrong.

8. Re: Restaurant Attire at Dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2015, 06:28
Get answers to your questions about Ambergris Caye
Recent Conversations