We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First timer.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
First timer.

Ive searched the FAQ & would like opinions of travelers who have been to Belize recently. Wanting to go late October. Never been or even researched . Prefer 2 room condo over looking sea. Like good local food & drinks. Not super picky. Just clean. I would like recommendations on where to stay first. We don't dive, but like to snorkel. Any tips would be great. How much should I expect to spend for meals for 1 per day?

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
201 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First timer.

Any snorkeling you do will likely be with a tour company from a boat. There are limited snorkellng opportunities from shore and not anything like you will see on a tour. The cost for restaurant meals depends on where you eat. We found the prices for beach front places similar to what we would pay at home. If you eat at places a block or two in from the beach, we found many of those to be quite reasonable. You might want to do some research to ensure that AC is a place for you. We loved it but it is not the place for everybody.

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,753 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First timer.

Meals aren't that expensive, especially if you eat most meals at the smaller spots. Maybe $20us a day per person, and that's with a few happy hour drinks. Now if you, haha, eat large, you'll spend double. I recommend Hol Chan Marine Reserve tour. Chuck and Robbie's is great for that. That'll be the slowest month, so whatever place you choose should have space. TA has just about every place listed, so check on here. Have fun!

Tampa, FL
Level Contributor
2,117 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First timer.

We are going to San Pedro in a couple of weeks, and we're staying at the Palms. They have two bedroom suites and all units are oceanfront. http://belizepalms.com/

California
Level Contributor
2,538 posts
309 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First timer.

I find the Palms very expensive for Belize but that is me. Remember those prices do not include 19%, yes 19% tax! Also remember late October is probably still nice in Oaklahoma. If I am going to spend a lot of cash on a room in Belize it had better be when the weather is lousy at home. Just my two cents.

5. Re: First timer.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2015, 06:16