We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what about this bridge

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
Save Topic
what about this bridge

hi

can someone please tell me about the bridge on AC? A friend of mine went there recently & said the bridge was washed out & you had to take a water taxi everywhere. Is that currently true?

also the resorts i'm thinking about staying at are north of the bridge. Can you walk across it? Is there a fee for that? What if you take a golf cart over, what's the fee for that?

finally is there just a "pass" that I can get prior to my trip so I don't even have to think about the darn bridge?

thanks for the help

Meryl

San Pedro, Belize
Level Contributor
932 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what about this bridge

I'm not sure where your friend stayed but the bridge on Ambergris Caye has never been 'washed out'. The local ferry though is a good option for getting into town and cheaper for small groups than a land taxi, which you can also get from north of the bridge. You can walk across the bridge and there is no charge for that. The fee for a golf cart is $5usd round trip. I'm not sure if there is a weekly bridge pass, but there is a monthly one which I believe costs $75usd, but that might have changed. I think you will have to go to the Town Board for your pass unless your resort manager, golf cart rental business or property manager is willing to assist in advance. We live here, work frequently north of the bridge, do not own a golf cart and use the local ferry as it is so convenient. If you're into cycling, then a bike is another good option.

Ambergris Caye
Destination Expert
for San Ignacio, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye
Level Contributor
2,525 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what about this bridge

Depending on the amount of travel if it is close to worthwhile to purchase one, I know a few people that have bought monthly bridge passes and then found someone who could use the rest of it and given it away at the end of their trip.

3. Re: what about this bridge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2015, 06:15