We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coco Beach - getting to San Pedro and other restaurants

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
33 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Coco Beach - getting to San Pedro and other restaurants

I am thinking of staying at Coco Beach...my daughter loves water slides. I would like to be able to try local eats though. What is the best way to get to San Pedro to eat? Are there any "local" places to eat by Coco Beach? I don't want to go expensive.

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,031 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coco Beach - getting to San Pedro and other restaurants

Akbol isn't terribly far. If it's walking distance probably depends on your daughter's age. Otherwise, probably a water taxi to get to town. Bikes would be an option during the day. They are doing some paving go the road by Coco Beach, but I don't know how far south they're going or when it will be finished. If it's paved quite a ways, then, golf carts become a better option.

new york
Level Contributor
111 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coco Beach - getting to San Pedro and other restaurants

We stayed at the Phoenix and it was great, so close to everything. We took a golf cart one day and went to Coco Beach for a few hours to swim and have lunch. My son is 11 and he loved the pool. Coco Beach resort is really nice and the pool is amazing. The water slide is really great for the kids. For me Coco Beach was too far from everything because I didn't want to deal with the water taxi and the golf cart ride to and from town is a pain so I feel like you are kind of stuck there. It is a beautiful place to be stuck, but I really loved being able to walk to all the great restaurants. Also the food is expensive at Coco Beach and not great, very American. Hope this helps.

3. Re: Coco Beach - getting to San Pedro and other restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2015, 05:16