We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When to Go - September or October

new hampshire
7 posts
Save Topic
When to Go - September or October

My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon to Belize and are trying to decide if we should go in September or October. Is the weather typically better in one of these months?

Placencia, Belize
Level Contributor
2,041 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When to Go - September or October

These days it's so hard to say, I would go for September as it would GENERALLY be less windy and you are earlier in the hurricane season, and for Belize, the earlier the better. (Belize is NOT very hurricane prone, but you do need to consider the REMOTE possibility that you might be evacuated if one gets near.)

Having said that, we get the most beautiful weather we experience here, imho, during the summer and early sutumn months.

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
7,040 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When to Go - September or October

Boths months are usually lovely, but September has two important holidays on Sept 10 (about when we have Carnival) and the 21st, when we celebrate Independence. Either month would be equally prone to hurricane

Placencia, Belize
Level Contributor
2,041 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: When to Go - September or October

Great point Katie, the whole of September is a celebration month, and you haven't lived until you have waltzed to "Queen of the Bay" under the stars - very romantic.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
718 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: When to Go - September or October

The only thing I can add to this discussion is that some businesses close for a month or so during the slow season for repairs and their own vacations. I've seen this in late August and I've heard it happens in September as well.

No worries though, there is plenty of everything to enjoy any time you go. During slow seasons, you can get great reduced prices on everything - hotels, golf cart rentals, etc.

5. Re: When to Go - September or October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 November 2009, 05:29