We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tanisha Tour - haven't responded to my emails

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
26 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Tanisha Tour - haven't responded to my emails

I'm trying to book Lamanai with Tanisha Tour however I can't seem to reach them via email. I've already sent out 2 emails, and we'll be in BZE in less than 2 weeks. Should I just go with another vendor? Or is this normal?

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tanisha Tour - haven't responded to my emails

try searious they do a great job

Ambergris Caye
Level Contributor
208 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tanisha Tour - haven't responded to my emails

or Seaduced they also do an excellent job

Gaz

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,052 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tanisha Tour - haven't responded to my emails

I've had great trips to Lamanai with Tanisha. They're usually at least $20.00US cheaper, since they don't work through hotels.

That said, I've never emailed them. If you want to go with them, you can always wait and book once you get to San Pedro. Either call or stop in, they're right on the beach.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
718 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tanisha Tour - haven't responded to my emails

This is so unlike Elodia not to respond. I haven't heard any issues with internet lately on Ambergris Caye. As mentioned, you can always stop by their office when you get there. Someone can confirm this, but last year, their office was on the dock in front of BCs Bar. I stopped in to confirm my Lamanai trip and gave them alternate days so that they could ensure enough people on the boat.

They give an outstanding tour (Daniel was I think the first to offer this tour from Ambergris Caye many years ago).

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,753 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tanisha Tour - haven't responded to my emails

Looking at it from the networking side: sometimes emails are put into the spam folder, and I know that I only quickly browse through that folder every couple of weeks. If you really want to use them, I'd suggest emailing them again, or using another email address to write to them. Or give a quick call to them at 011-501-226-2314.

Louisiana
Level Contributor
204 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tanisha Tour - haven't responded to my emails

If it comes down to it you can just book when you get there. Tanisha's boat fits a good number of people so I am sure they can fit you in. You could also buy a cheap international phone card (very easy and you get a lot of minutes) and call them directly.

I really think Lamanai should be done with Tanisha. I don't mean to insult the other companies like Searious or Seaduced but I think you get a better experience with Tanisha. Daniel (of Tanisha) is just wonderful!

Ambergris Caye
Level Contributor
208 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Tanisha Tour - haven't responded to my emails

Please note that Tanishas advertised prices does NOT include tax of 12.5% Tax where others include tax in there prices.

Be sure to check on whether tax is included or not and be prepared to pay the additional tax if its not included in the price.

Gaz

Ambergris Caye
Level Contributor
208 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Tanisha Tour - haven't responded to my emails

Piddeax

Have you done a tour with Searious or Seaduced ??

While Tanisha is your favorite, and you have every right to express your opinion, the other 2 operators get just as good reviews and are both EXCELLENT tour operators providing just as good an experience as Daniel provides.

To imply that Searious or Seaduced are in any way inferior is just not right.

All 3 operators have been running these trips for many many years and all of them are excellent at it and both companies have had the same guides doing these trips for years and years and they are extremely knowledgeable..

With the exception of personal favorites each provides a similar experience and any one of them will provide a memorable trip.

Gaz Cooper

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,052 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tanisha Tour - haven't responded to my emails

i have only gone to Lamanai with Tanisha, three different trips over the past seven years or so. I have done other tirps, most recently Bacalar Chico, with Searious. No complaints about Searious, the tour was fun. I suspect we might have had more bird sightings if we'd gone with Tanisha though.

I'd be curiious if those who have gone to Lamanai with tour operators other than Tanisha got the chance to see the Jabiru stork. I was lucky enough to see them every time. Last trip, the bus had to back down a very long lane to get close enough to see their nest. Do other operators do this?

I think if wildlife sightings are a high priority in your tour guide picks, you'll be better off with Tanisha.

No data to back this up, just reports from folks who went with Tanisha and what the say versus other operators.

Ambergris Caye
Destination Expert
for San Ignacio, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye
Level Contributor
2,501 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tanisha Tour - haven't responded to my emails

I have had issues with them as well and not getting a reply to emails. I know some people here are more email friendly than others.

You should have no trouble booking Lamanai with them in person when you come.