We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Belize in November?

Boston...
1 post
Save Topic
Belize in November?

Hello,

We are looking for a nice resort in Belize in November. Our goal s to relax on the back and also do one or two excursions. We were thinking al inclusive, but that doesnt seem to be the way to go?

Any help wouldbe much appreciated.

Thanks

Level Contributor
377 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Belize in November?

Belize is generally very nice in November. Tell us more about what you are looking for in a resort. What other activities do you enjoy? Diving? Fishing? Snorkeling? Kayaking? Eating out?

Cheers,

Carlos

Edited: 17 May 2010, 21:14
Placencia, Belize
Level Contributor
2,041 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Belize in November?

Belize is not really an AI destination so if that is what you are looking for we may not be for you. Don't think resorts, think type of destination.

Lively international atmosphere, plenty of diving and snorkeling close at hand - Ambergris Caye

Laid back island vibe, low key - Caye Caulker

Fishing village with decent beaches, good for jungle and water adventures, good range of accommodation and restaurants though clustered around high and low end - Placencia

Very peaceful and charming village, not a great deal of choice of eateries and accommodation, but also good for jungle/water combinations - Hopkins

Jungle lodges and Mayan ruins, caves, zip linig etc - Cayo

The beautiful and unspoilt south, fishing, Mayan and Creole culture, chocolate trail, jungle adventure, wildlife - Punta Gorda and increasingly, Monkey River

Augusta, Georgia
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Belize in November?

My husband and I are also trying to plan a trip 8-13 November 2010. I have ready weather is unpredictable and rainy though, which is scaring me a bit. Is this true?

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,753 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Belize in November?

There's a minute chance that there could be some inclement weather. As far as unpredictable and rainy, well, nobody can predict weather better than by flipping a coin, and when there is rain in Belize, there's usually some sun before and after.

santa elena cayo...
Level Contributor
79 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Belize in November?

El Pescador is doing all inclusive and Mahogany Hall might be as well. If you are into Bird watching November is a great month cool and not to hot.

Placencia, Belize
Level Contributor
2,041 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Belize in November?

Machaca Hill Lodge in the far south might be for you, if you are not wedded to a beach resort.

Weather in November is usually cooler and pleasant, it generally rains on November 19th (Garifuna Settlement Day - a good time to be in Hopkins - check out Hamanasi), seriously, rain almost always comes at night and days are sunny and nice.

El Pescador is mainly a fishing destination although very nice.

Brookline...
Level Contributor
17 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Belize in November?

November has the distinction of being the ONLY month I've woken up in [southern] Belize and said, "Hey. It's not humid. Not even a little. Awesome!". You'll probably get a bit of rain, but nothing to stress about. Of course, as DrFeelAwesome points out, we can tell you what's typical, but at the end of the day the weather will do what it wants.

There are a few All-Inclusive options around, or at least different types of packages that may cover what you need. We, Cotton Tree Lodge near Punta Gorda, do an AI with meals, land tours, airstrip transfers, but not alcohol. You'll definitely find places in Placencia that do similar but with a beach focus.

Ambergris Caye...
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Belize in November?

Normally November is a great time for Belize. The rain is normally away gone and where ever your coming from is probably not as hot. I always find that there are not many bugs at this time. That said weather is weather, so its hard to predict! I believe the hurricane season end Nov 1!

Ambergris Caye
Destination Expert
for San Ignacio, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Belize in November?

Here are 2 weather links regarding rainfall in November.

http://belize-guide.info/weather/november/

http://belize-guide.info/weather/rain/

Even if rain is not a total concern on your Belize vacation always good to pack a Ziploc or two for waterproofing at the beach and on boats.

Augusta, Georgia
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Belize in November?

Thank you! We have only had friends who have been there in May and July so I was nervous about NOV raining, but it doesn't sound as bad as I thought! We are coming from GA (him from the Middle East), so no humidity will be nice! My husband is Military so at this point with his current deployments and another soon approaching, I am sure we will love Belize!

Get answers to your questions about San Pedro
Recent Conversations