We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sports Bar on Ambergris Caye

Which San Pedro hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Franklin, Tennessee
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sports Bar on Ambergris Caye

We'll be down there the week of the BCS Championship game. What's the best place to watch it? Any good sports bars, or fun bars that will be showing the game?

Hon
Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
1,237 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sports Bar on Ambergris Caye

Is BCS soccer? If so, most of the sports bars will likely be showing the games.

Cruz Bay, St. John
Level Contributor
217 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sports Bar on Ambergris Caye

I will be there for the Super Bowl. What is the chance of that being broadcasted on Ambergris???

Ambergris Caye
Destination Expert
for San Ignacio, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye
Level Contributor
2,453 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sports Bar on Ambergris Caye

Pedro's Pizza and sports bar has 2 very large tv's and a mid size one - if the game is on tv here you can most likely see it there.

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
14,757 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sports Bar on Ambergris Caye

San Pedro's cable system has more channels than mine does here in the US. I don't think there's any HD though.

You won't have any trouble finding either the Super Bowl or the BCS game. You may not find many people who are very interested though, depends on who is in town at the time, I guess.

Franklin, Tennessee
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Sports Bar on Ambergris Caye

Thanks for the posts! So I guess I should've asked what is the best Sports Bar. Is Pedro's the best?

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
9 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sports Bar on Ambergris Caye

No problem getting sports in Belize. We were down there between Christmas and New Years and could catch all the bowl games we wanted.

We liked Crazy Canuck's. Right on the beach and they always had a game going.

illinois
Level Contributor
539 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sports Bar on Ambergris Caye

Check out Fidos downtown. They not only have a big TV but you are in the largest palapa on the island (so they say). Watch out for the rum drinks and pray for a Bears - Packers rematch. Bears will win unless Cutler screws it up.

Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
6,284 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sports Bar on Ambergris Caye

Bookmarking. :)

San Pedro, Belize
Level Contributor
560 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sports Bar on Ambergris Caye

I noticed the other day when walking by that Lounge 1755 (I think that is the name), has a giant screen. So that would have you outdoors in the cool Caribbean breeze, on the beach watching your game.

10. Re: Sports Bar on Ambergris Caye

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2012, 06:18