We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

smoking accommodation & or rules.

Which San Pedro hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Duncan, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
smoking accommodation & or rules.

Do hotels resorts have smoking accommodation or smoking allowed on verandahs & what are the smoking rules & regulations?

Ambergris Caye
Destination Expert
for San Ignacio, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye
Level Contributor
2,461 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: smoking accommodation & or rules.

Some places have smoking rooms by request, otherwise Veranda it is. You can still smoke in bars here too.

Duncan, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: smoking accommodation & or rules.

thx so much for replying. this is good because it sure puts a damper on one's holiday when you have to go a block away to have a smoke. If this is the case we usually pick another destination.

Caribbean
Level Contributor
4,948 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: smoking accommodation & or rules.

It also puts a damper on other people's holiday when one inconsiderate smoker contaminates the environment and compromises the health of everyone else!

Be considerate & respectful that other people don't want to breathe your second-hand smoke.

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: smoking accommodation & or rules.

It also puts a damper on other people's holiday when one inconsiderate non smoker contaminates the environment and compromises the health of everyone else!

Be considerate & respectful that other people don't want to hear you complain about second-hand smoke.

Duncan, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: smoking accommodation & or rules.

I used to be a considerate smoker & now I'm not because of constant whiners that have bought into the junk science surrounding smoking. This mass hysteria is ridiculous. I do not like my holiday ruined listening to such whining & believe it or not I do have some rights. Smoking bans have been a major cause of the downfall in the economy. There is nothing wrong with smoking & non-smoking areas. We used to get along & that's what makes me angry.

Ambergris Caye
Destination Expert
for San Ignacio, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye
Level Contributor
2,461 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: smoking accommodation & or rules.

When we took a recent trip to Florida tacoboy went for a quick one in the smoking lounge in Atlanta airport and came out joking all he had to do was go on there and inhale and he was good to go.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
716 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: smoking accommodation & or rules.

You are wise to ask the smoking question before choosing your destination. Each country has their own laws. Some very strict, as we have in some of the US states. Each of us has feelings about smoking one way or the other. Respect and courtesy is good form when traveling the world.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,222 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: smoking accommodation & or rules.

"Smoking bans have been a major cause of the downfall in the economy"

really? Can you provide back up to this claim?

it's a proven fact that 2nd hand smoke can kill. I wonder if there is a correllation between people who don't believe the studies AND dont believe in evolution.

Smoking should take place only in the privacy of one's home

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
383 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: smoking accommodation & or rules.

It might be a proven fact that second hand smoke kills but that's only after prolonged exposure. Someone smoking OUTSIDE in your vicinity is not going to kill you. Get over it!

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: smoking accommodation & or rules.

it's a proven fact that 2nd hand smoke can kill. I wonder if there is a correllation between people who don't believe the studies AND dont believe in evolution."

did you go to public schools?