We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Almost there:) Couple of ??'s left.

Durango, Colorado
Level Contributor
756 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Almost there:) Couple of ??'s left.

1st would like to thank all who have helped with out plans, thank you all very much--Bit of a travel & TA junkie's & no one got snippy on this forum! Yea! Thanks a bunch for being so nice & helpful:)

--only 12 sleeps left--anyone else going to be there?

-- Does anyone know if the helicopter tours are still running? Say to the Blue Hole or otherwise?

--Is there a new cruise ship schedule out there to check out? I have searched this forum & all links take me to an invalid site--old links I assume.

--We are looking specifically for a "catamaran" tour--that we could go fishing AND snorkeling that includes a lunch BBQ--any suggestions? Must be a cat--no tiny boats please:)

--Happy Hours? Any & all suggestions could get us there:)!!

--Place to watch Our Hometown team win on Thanksgiving day (US Football) 11/24/11?

--Suggestions for good eats South of San Pedro--Street Vendors--Restaurants w/ a view?

--Is this true about a restaurant--If you bring a home town bumper sticker--you get a free drink? Anyone help w. the name & location on this one? Or if its true.

Thank you all again--started our packing & unpacking of 1/2 of the contents already! lol

KNK

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
11,537 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Almost there:) Couple of ??'s left.

I can't help with most of your questions but there's a link to the cruise schedule on this site:

www.travelbelize.org/index.php…

Happy trails!

Durango, Colorado
Level Contributor
756 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Almost there:) Couple of ??'s left.

Thank you very much hopfulist:)

KNK

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,350 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Almost there:) Couple of ??'s left.

I don't know about the helicopter tours. I'm guessing they're still running.

For a small catamaran, check out El Gato. Nice people awesome food. Not a fancy boat, I think the ocean may be the bathroom. We had a wonderful day sail with them last winter.

BC's has half price on their 'local' rum drinks, all day, every day. Many other places have cheaper beer/rum in the afternoons. El Divino has half price martinis on Monday, and, I think half price margaritas on Tuesday.

I'm not sure how far south of San Pedro you're talking, Rico's at Banyan Bay has nice views, I don't know about the food.

Caroline's has good, simple, reasonably priced food, about a mile south of town. No view though.

Also, Hidden Treasure is south of town, but, not on the beach. Take a cab or golf cart.

Casa Picasso just reopened this week. Probably too soon to predict success, but, I've heard good things.

Never heard about a free drink with a bumper sticker.....

Durango, Colorado
Level Contributor
756 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Almost there:) Couple of ??'s left.

Thank you Jeanh. We are staying over 3 miles south of SP:)

I have read good things about BC's--Can you tell me where it is located?

I'm thinking the bumper sticker thing was @ Legends?? But not positive on that---Going to re-read some posts here.

KNK

Turner, Oregon
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Almost there:) Couple of ??'s left.

Hey KNK,

My Girlfriend and I are going to Ambergris Caye 24th through 29th.

I decided on staying at Sueno Del Mar 12 miles north of town for first two days of R&R and then Victoria House the last two days for Romance and adventure. I, looking for someplace to stay in town for my 3rd day of my trip.

We want to be able to walk to the hotel after drinking and still get an early start the next moring as we hope to go inland for cave tube and see the ruins. Any ideas for a cheap but clean place in town?

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,350 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Almost there:) Couple of ??'s left.

BC's is on the beach, just south of Sunbreeze Hotel, which is just across the street from Tropic Air.

I think Legends has changed hands. I haven't spent any time there, we walk everywhere, too far north for us.

For awisemansaid, the cheapest place on the beach in town is Ruby's. However, coming from Victoria House, not sure it's the type of place you're looking for.

You might check Blue Tang or Mayan Princess.

Ambergris Caye
Destination Expert
for San Ignacio, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye
Level Contributor
2,525 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Almost there:) Couple of ??'s left.

Check in at Pedro's sports bar for your game, he has 2 large flatscreen tv's and one mid size. They do football pools there regularly.

I think you are right about it being Legends but place is under new ownership so not sure if they do it still you could probably look them up on facebook page and ask.

Rico's does have the view, not eaten there for a while but had breakfast there that was good. Estel's in town great view sand floors and really nice people.

El Divino at Banana Beach great food but not on the water, there is a choice of indoor or out for dining though.

Durango, Colorado
Level Contributor
756 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Almost there:) Couple of ??'s left.

Thank you:)

Will Try to get to BC's @ least once--Had no clue it was near Tropic air--will look for it when we fly in & pick up our Golf Cart.

I have also read good things about Estel's. Will check it out--

Isn't there an "Elvi's" down our way also? I Read she does some good inexpensive foods. Have to find her also.

Have the menu specials printed out for El Divino--different special everyday I LOVE martinis! So If K wants beer that's just 2 for me! lol

I will look up Legends on FB tonight. That post I read may have been @ least a year old. Are they still doing the burger & beer for 10.US? I think that was Thursdays?

@awiseman--Looks like we will be @ Pedro's for Turkey day! HUU there (hit us up) if you get the time--as it looks like you are just getting in on the 24th.

Cant help w/ accommodations--although staying in town sounds fun!

Thankx again guys!! Can almost smell the Caribbean air now:):)

GO LIONS!! hahahaha

KNK

Turner, Oregon
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Almost there:) Couple of ??'s left.

I'm also looking for a catamaran sail from San Pedro with a couple snorkel stops and a visit to Caulker. Does anyone have a good service or tour they can provide? Times and length would be good too.

Durango, Colorado
Level Contributor
756 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Almost there:) Couple of ??'s left.

We would like a fishing / snorkel/beach BBQ-on a CAT-going to search that out when we get there. I hear prices are better if you book after you arrive?