We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in San Pedro Ambergris Caye

Which San Pedro hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toms River, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon in San Pedro Ambergris Caye

Is it too risky to honeymoon the first week of October at the THE VILLAS AT BANYAN BAY? Not just because of hurricanes, but because of the rainfall? I'm nervous to commit, but don't want to settle based on chance. The next best thing would be the Caribbean, which has risks too, but doesn't excite me like Belize does. Anyone input would be appreciated

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
731 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon in San Pedro Ambergris Caye

Welcome to the forums, nicolep10! I am bumping this topic up in hope that those in the know will be able to offer you some input and advice.

Good luck with your research and thanks for participating!

Happy travels,

TA_Louise

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
427 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon in San Pedro Ambergris Caye

Oct is a great time to travel to Belize. Although it is the slow season and some places might be closed you can find great deals and you won't be around the big crowds. As for the weather--if it does rain it will most likey be at night or a quick shower. Of course no one can predict the weather--but if it were me I would most certaintly book it. Besides it's your honeymoon--if it rains I am pretty sure you will fnd something to do ;)

San Pedro, Belize
Level Contributor
80 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon in San Pedro Ambergris Caye

I agree, October is a great time to visit. You are takign a bit of a chance when it comes to hurricanes or rain but there is still a ton to do. I wrote a blog post about it at the beginning of October.

sanpedroscoop.com/2011/10/reasons-that-you-s…

Menlo Park...
Level Contributor
5,083 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon in San Pedro Ambergris Caye

They call it hurricane season and one good hurricane can pretty much ruin your week. Not just the danger of a direct hit, but the delay in coming or going. So if you luck out and miss the hurricane, you're left with the rainy season. And if it doesn't rain during the day, chances are it will be cloudy. And if it's not cloudy then the humidity will REALLY be awful. I mean humidity like you have never experienced. The rest of he caribbean won't be much better. This is your honeymoon, for pete;s sake. Go during the dry season when it's lovely, or if you have to go somewhere in October go to hawaii where it's also low season, but still the dry season.

Toms River, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon in San Pedro Ambergris Caye

Thanks for your feedback everyone! We booked our honeymoon there. We're having a long engagement (3 total years) so we want to honeymoon immediately after our wedding..no more waiting, so going during the dry season isn't an option. We want Belize, and don't think there is a better place for us...so we're taking a chance and we're going to get travelers insurance.

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
14,955 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon in San Pedro Ambergris Caye

I've been to Ambergris numerous times towards the end of September, and have had decent weather every trip. It was hot and humid, but, it's the tropics.

This year I was there the end of October. Had a 'scare' with Rina, but, she missed Ambergris, and the weather was pretty good the entire 10 days, other than some clouds the last couple.

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
6,872 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon in San Pedro Ambergris Caye

I like Banyan Bay alot, but they only has two and three bedroom units, but still a good choice. Get travel insurance to put your concerns at ease.

San Pedro, Belize
Level Contributor
560 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Honeymoon in San Pedro Ambergris Caye

You can't predict or let the weather rule your travel plans to any destination that you choose. I remember traveling to the Tropics (before I moved here) in October, and being worried, but ended up having perfect weather. I remember traveling to the Tropics (again before I moved here) in February (supposedly dry season), not being worried at all, but it rained so much cars were floating down the streets. We ended signing and drinking a lot during that trip. You need to choose the best time for your schedule, be flexible and roll with the punches/weather. A positive attitude and open mind is the first step to any enjoyable experience. Banyan Bay is great, it's a fabulous recommendation for families, couples traveling together etc. You might find a better resort suited for your honeymoon however.

Windsor...
Level Contributor
134 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Honeymoon in San Pedro Ambergris Caye

October can be okay for weather. Hit or miss. Banyan Bay is a good choice, although it is a little far from town. We have been several times to Belize. T

10. Re: Honeymoon in San Pedro Ambergris Caye

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 December 2012, 10:17