We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cancun to Belize City

Ocean Grove, New...
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Cancun to Belize City

Does anyone know of resent flights that go from Cancun to Belize CIty? I notice a post that Maya Air does but when I went to book it the Cancun destination was not available. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks ahead of time!

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
16,118 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cancun to Belize City

As far as I know, right now there are none. There is an ADO bus that leaves in the evening and travels overnight.

Ocean Grove, New...
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cancun to Belize City

Is it safe?

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
16,118 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cancun to Belize City

The bus? I would guess so. I've not taken it at night. The Yucatan peninsula, in general, is pretty safe. I wouldn't hesitate to take it.

Caribbean
Level Contributor
7,667 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cancun to Belize City

The Mexican ADO express buses are excellent -- as good as or better than Greyhound buses in the USA -- comfortable, a/c (dress warmly because it always seems to be set to "freeze"), toilet, video.

In general, the Yucatan is safe, but I have heard of one bus holdup in the region and that was because there were Belizeans on it and it was reported in the local media.

The Maya flights were discontinued earlier this year, but check directly with the airline because I heard it mentioned the flights were only discontinued in the low tourist season and could resume.

Ambergris Caye
Destination Expert
for San Ignacio, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye
Level Contributor
2,684 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cancun to Belize City

i have not taken the flight from Cancun to Belize, but a friend had planned to and was cancelled last minute, also read similar reviews. Even if flight does start back up it can't hurt to have plan B in your pocket.

Moab, Utah
Level Contributor
171 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cancun to Belize City

We have received several reports about how great the ADO bus is from Cancun to Belize. One of our staff members took it about a month ago and said it was very easy. There is no flight from Cancun to Belize to my knowledge.

Lucy

7. Re: Cancun to Belize City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2013, 10:21