We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ai

Chilliwack, Canada
Level Contributor
563 posts
Save Topic
ai

Hi everone, new to the Belize forum. Just got home from Bucerias Mexico and searching for our next destination and thinking about Belize. Is there any AI in the area?

Thanks Monica

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ai

no, Belize is about cultural and adventurous vacations and getting out and about. Mexico and Caribbean islands would be more about hiding in an AI. Jungle lodges do hhave meal plans account of remoteness.

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,703 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ai

only one or two all inclusives in Belize, and they're small, intimate properties. Nothing like the all inclusives in Mexico.

We spent a day in Bucerias last year, took the bus up from Puerto Vallarta. Nice little town. Loved the 'gold' in the beach sand.

Belize is a more active destination, not as much lounging at a resort, although, there are certainly people in loungers on the beaches.

Chilliwack, Canada
Level Contributor
563 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: ai

The reason why I'm asking this question is because like most women, I don't want to cook on holidays and do like to have a few(maybe one too many) drinks. Could anybody request a nice place, maybe with breakfast included?

Thanks, Monica

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,703 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ai

I've never stayed at an all inclusive and I NEVER cook on vacation.

There are a couple of places I know of that serve some sort of continental breakfast, Banana Beach and Caribbean Villas.

Really, though, there are great and failry inexpensive places for breakfast all over the island. Or, just buy some cinnamon rolls at Ruby's and eat where you'e staying.

If you drink rum or beer, you can drink very cheaply. A rum & coke at my favorite bar is US$1.50. A beer is US$2.00. Now, if you want fancy blended drinks with tequila or vodka, it's going to cost you.

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ai

cant abide all inclusives, the food is mediocre and the drinks watered down, we never cook either.

Ambergris Caye
Destination Expert
for San Ignacio, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye
Level Contributor
2,586 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ai

Wide range of food pricing here you can go as low as 3 chicken tacos for $1 at Neris - $7 - $15 bzd lunches at some of the local spots around town or work your way up in price for nicer meals.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, East End
Level Contributor
5,883 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ai

This is technically an all inclusive.

http://www.azulbelize.com/

B.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
154 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ai

I would not recommend an all inclusive on Ambergris Caye. We roamed about the Caye and found several places to eat that were decently cheap and delicious. I loved roaming around, buying fruit from the stands, visiting several bars up and down the Caye. I think you'd miss out on alot of what Ambergris Caye has to offer if you did an all inclusive.

Chilliwack, Canada
Level Contributor
563 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: ai

Thanks everybody. We will definetly consider it all.

10. Re: ai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2013, 10:21