We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Pedro or Caye Caulker Feb 2012

toronto
7 posts
Save Topic
San Pedro or Caye Caulker Feb 2012

Hi,

I'm going on an Intrepid tour of Belize in Feb and wanted to add on a few days to do some diving. I've never traveled totally on my own - it's always been with boyfriends, friends or on a tour. So, the thought of a few days on my own is daunting. The days should be fine because I'll be diving, but would prefer to have company in the evenings. If anyone is going to be on either Ambergris Caye or Caye Caulker and is interested in meeting up for dinner or a drink, I would love to hear from you. I am a 35 year old active female looking for strictly platonic interaction. :)

krys

Mentioned in this post
Belize
Belize
Central America
Ambergris Caye
Ambergris Caye
Belize Cayes, Belize
Mundo Maya Jungle Tours
River Rafting & Tubing, Eco Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Creative Tours Belize
Scuba & Snorkeling, Fishing Charters & Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
Tanisha Tours
Sightseeing Tours
toronto
7 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: San Pedro or Caye Caulker Feb 2012

Sorry, forgot to mention the dates - I'll be diving betweenFeb 7 and 11.

Krys

Ambergris Caye
Destination Expert
for San Ignacio, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye
Level Contributor
2,670 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: San Pedro or Caye Caulker Feb 2012

krys if you end up on Ambergris Caye, can definitely help out on the meeting up with people part, we have a great group of friends here.

Mentioned in this post
Ambergris Caye
Ambergris Caye
Belize Cayes, Belize
Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
16,114 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: San Pedro or Caye Caulker Feb 2012

We'll be here on Ambergris as well, although we're considerably older than you are. I travel here fairly frequently by myself, never have trouble finding people to talk to.

Placencia, Belize
Level Contributor
2,041 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: San Pedro or Caye Caulker Feb 2012

You will find Belize very friendly, but as a woman on your own, I would steer vey clear of those handsome Belizean boys! Stick with other holiday makers, you will have a fine time.

Mentioned in this post
Belize
Belize
Central America
San Pedro, Belize
Level Contributor
560 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: San Pedro or Caye Caulker Feb 2012

I go over to Caye Caulker on my own lots and live here on my own. Agreed there is a great group of ppl on both islands. I like to stay at Caye Reef when on Caye Caulker. I see you are a fellow Canadian, please feel free to send me a message if you want additional details on either island, places to stay, go etc.

toronto
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: San Pedro or Caye Caulker Feb 2012

Serendipitously, I managed to find someone from Toronto who is also going to be down on Ambergris for diving. She'll be arriving Feb 6th and I'll be coming on the 7th/8th. We then meet up with our Intrepid tour group in Belize City on the 11th.

Tacogirl, perhaps we could meet up on afternoon or evening of the 8th?

Jeanh, I've never had a problem hanging out with older people, so let me know your dates and we'll set something up.

Belizequeen, I've always had a soft spot for cute locals, but I'll try to heed your advice!

MalibuStace, as stated above, Jody and I will be starting on Ambergris from th 6th/7th to the 11th. Our Intrepid group will be on Caye Caulker Feb 16-18. Accomodation is arranged, but I'd love some advice on things to do. Obviously, diving will be a priority, but suggestions for other activities would be appreciated. Also, let me know if you're available to meet up at some point.

krystyne rusek

Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
Ambergris Caye
Destination Expert
for San Ignacio, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye
Level Contributor
2,670 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: San Pedro or Caye Caulker Feb 2012

misskrysr the 8th is possible, message me closer to the time if you want to work out meeting up somewhere. Did you get a good flight price from Toronto?

Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
toronto
7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: San Pedro or Caye Caulker Feb 2012

Will do.

No flight booked yet - I've been using Kayak to follow prices. Keep hoping they'll drop. :) Suggestions?

My problem is that I'm flying into Belize, but flying out of Cancun. I'm taking a water taxi on the 25th from Belize to Chetumal , then a bus to Playa del Carmen, where I'm meeting some friends for a week.

By the way, I sent you a message directly about hotel choices - did you have a chance to read it?

Mentioned in this post
Belize
Belize
Central America
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
9. Re: San Pedro or Caye Caulker Feb 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2013, 10:33