We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay?

Which San Pedro hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
Where to stay?

I'm travelling with a group of friends and we are all 21 years old. We want to get involved in the nightlife aspect as well as doing daytime activities such as snorkelling etc. Where would be the best place to stay for relatively cheap that is within walking distance to bars etc?

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
14,675 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay?

It depends on what you mean by 'relatively cheap'.

Rubys, on the beach, is pretty cheap. I have friends who stay there every year. Others say it's way too noisy.

Pedro's Inn has cheap rooms. Not on the beach though.

Hotel del Rio is very reasonable, not too far a walk to downtown.

Mayan Princess, right in town, is relatively cheap. As is Spindrift, Conch Shell.

Ambergris Caye
Destination Expert
for San Ignacio, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye
Level Contributor
2,442 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay?

All great recommends Jean.

Rubys, ask for a room away from the kitchen for less early morning noise.

Pedro's Inn, great staff. Cindy will make sure you have a great vacation and keep you informed of what is going on around town. Walter makes great thin crust pizza.

Hotel del Rio is a cute thatch roof spot on the beach. Walking the beach road to town is very scenic.

Mayan Princess, has kitchenette and great beach sea view.

Spindrift and Conch Shell both ok places and very central.

San Pedro, Belize
Level Contributor
560 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay?

In addition, you might also try Blue Tang and SunBreeze suites, depending on your budget.

Brisbane, Australia
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay?

Thanks everyone for the advice, original account stuffed up so made a new one. Visiting at the end of a four week trip so budget will be pretty tight and we wont mind about noise so looks like Rubys will be the go, can't get better than right on the beach! What is the best way to book, through an internet agent or with the hotel directly?

Vancouver, Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay?

Hello

Just returned from San Pedro,2 week stay.Not my first time around the block.Rubys was okay the first time,However for value,cleanliness and the support of the owners to make your stay great the Conch Shell Inn is the top of my list.I'll be returning for 2 more weeks end of May/early June for the Tarpon fishing.Can't wait. Check out their website.The second floor rooms are unBelizeable.

6. Re: Where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 March 2013, 10:20