We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

belize

Which San Pedro hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Groesbeck, Texas
Level Contributor
14 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
belize

what would be the best place to stay in belize for my wife and myself. we won't be diving and would like nice resort within walking distance of things to do.we are late 40's and would like beautiful place with good food just to relax.

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
14,672 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: belize

Higher end on Ambergris, and fairly close to San Pedro, would be Victoria House or, perhaps, Xanadu. Right in town, look at the Phoenix.

Further from town, but lovely, Coco Beach, Mata Chica, Las Terrazas, Portofino.

Oops, forgot Grand Caribe.

Edited: 17 January 2012, 19:10
Ambergris Caye
Destination Expert
for San Ignacio, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye
Level Contributor
2,442 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: belize

Phoenix great spot for being walking distance to everything in town. They have a nice pool there perfect for relaxing.

San Pedro, Belize
Level Contributor
560 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: belize

Agreed with the ladies, for distance to town, The Phoenix cannot be beat, you might also consider checking out The Palms.

Groesbeck, Texas
Level Contributor
14 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: belize

thanks jeanh we will look into these resorts and try to decide and are any of these resorts all inclusive

Placencia, Belize
Level Contributor
2,041 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: belize

Belize is a large country, Ambergris Caye is just one island, not really characteristic of Belize although with a good choice of accommodation and restaurants. As you aren't diving, you might think about a mainland holiday. Much of what makes Belize exciting to me is the beautiful natural world which we still have in abundance, the scenery, and the Mayan culture.

If you are looking for high end resort, then my favourties are Blancaneaux, in the Mountain Pine ridge, which is close to fantastic Mayan sites whilst still being a luxury resort. My biggest favourite is Machaca Hill Rainforest Resort, now renamed for some incomprehensible reason Belcampo. Neither of these resorts are close to evening activities, but they do offer fanstasic trips during the day, Machaca has the advantage of being near the coast so you can visit the beautiful Sapodillas and Snake Cayes.

If you are looking for all inclusives, well that just isn't the Belizean way really. Our emphasis is on being part of Belize, not sitting in some enclave far away from the life of the country. However the more remote resorts offer meal packages, some offer packages with trips included. The drinks included model is rare.

You could also check out Hamanasi in Hopkins, Turtle Inn and Chabil Mar in Placencia.

If you decide on Ambergris Caye, you can't do better than Victoria House.

6. Re: belize

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2013, 10:19