We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maya air

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
142 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Maya air

They have a special running on their site that says 50% off and has a number to call. I called them and the nice lady said the special is old and she cant honor it. Has anyone else had the same answer?

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,160 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maya air

Not a clue. Other than to say I haven't heard of any recent specials on Maya.

Ambergris Caye
Destination Expert
for San Ignacio, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye
Level Contributor
2,506 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maya air

Same not heard of any recent specials on Maya.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Maya air

Hi there,

are prices on their site in BZD or US $?

Thanks!

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,160 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maya air

Just glancing at the website, I'd say US dollars.

Ambergris Caye
Destination Expert
for San Ignacio, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye
Level Contributor
2,506 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Maya air

Likely USD, Tropic Air pricing on their website site is USD

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
3 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Maya air

I will tell you that Maya will give you a better rate if you pay cash at the airport versus credit card on their website. Seems like it was at least $10 less per round trip ticket. We've used Maya several times and have never been disappointed.

Hudson, Iowa
Level Contributor
202 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Maya air

I think Tropic Air might do that also because we were quoted $400 when we made the reservation but at the airport when we paid cash it was only $364 so that was a nice surprise!

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
427 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Maya air

Maya will give you 20% by paying cash at the counter and Tropic will give you 10%--that is if you do not have a reservation in advance. I have flown both several times. I have only had problems with Maya and never Tropic. The 20% is a nice savings, but after a long day of travelling its nice to fly tropic and not have to worry about anything. Last time I flew Maya I was stuck in the airport for two hours with my 9 month old daughter waiting for a flight.

I also found that if you book via a large resort (one that books with them often) you will get better service. Meaning they are not going to bump someone that is staying with Xanadu or another hotel that feeds them business.

9. Re: Maya air

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2013, 10:34