We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gluten free products

Sarnia, Ontario
Level Contributor
122 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Gluten free products

Any ideas on where to buy gluten free food? Do you know a restaurant that serves corn tortillas?

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,923 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gluten free products

Hey, Gluten free? I confess I've never paid any attention. I'll keep an eye out in the near future and let you know.

Sarnia, Ontario
Level Contributor
122 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gluten free products

Thanks JeanH. Our son-in-law has that food allergy, so we are trying to scout out some food sources for him for our April visit.

Hon
Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
1,269 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Gluten free products

I don't eat at fancy places so my advice is based on that experience... Traditionally garnachas, salbutes, tostadas, etc. are made with corn tortillas so most of the local places will have them. Pupusas should be made with corn flour but I would confirm before ordering. Homemade corn chips are everywhere and they are oh so tasty! I have never eaten at a restaurant where rice and beans, rice, stew beans and/coconut rice (all gluten free) were not offered. Personally, I think your son in law will have an easy time finding gluten free food as long as he knows the basic principles of gluten free eating.

Edited: 06 March 2012, 21:58
belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
7,253 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gluten free products

San Cas in Belize City sells gluten free products; Chinese shops have rice noodles and crackers

Sarnia, Ontario
Level Contributor
122 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gluten free products

Thanks Hon! All great advice. We also do not "fine dine". I know the places that cook the dishes you mention. I think Marina's store sells corn torlillas - does any one know that for sure?

Ambergris Caye
Destination Expert
for San Ignacio, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye
Level Contributor
2,630 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gluten free products

Go Nature Belize is our island \Health food store and they have some gluten free products.

goNature is dedicated to helping our community, achieve, maintain and enhance their individual health and wellness goals.

By Providing a complete selection of quality:

Vitamins

Supplements

Sports Nutrition

Natural Health and Beauty

Specialty Grains and Flours

Gluten Free Products

Vegetarian Friendly Products

https:/…

gonaturebelize@gmail.com

7. Re: Gluten free products

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 14:16