We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Belize in July?

New York City, New...
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Visiting Belize in July?

Has anyone been to Belize in June/July? We are getting married in June and I am worried that we will be stuck inside a hotel for a week if we go to Belize during their rainy season. If the weather is just quick showers in the afternoon, I would be okay with it but if it is going to be pouring all week I think we will choose another destination!

Bryn Mawr...
Level Contributor
173 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting Belize in July?

My experience is that on the cayes. It mgith rain for an hour and then stop. it probably won't do it everyday and it mgith only do it at night. My experience is ine arly August though. I hear it rains less on the cayes than inland.

New York City, New...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting Belize in July?

Thank you! We are looking to stay in the Cayes so I hope the weather will cooperate

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
11,696 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting Belize in July?

We've visited twice in the summer - July/August 2003 and August 2009 - and are heading back this August. For us it has rained almost exclusively at night or not at all - great time to visit. Congratulations and happy trails!

Ambergris Caye
Destination Expert
for San Ignacio, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye
Level Contributor
2,544 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visiting Belize in July?

You will be fine

Rainfall in Belize

http://belize-guide.info/weather/rain/

June

Rain is most likely to occur around 12:00 PM (noon) during the month of June, and it is least likely to occur around 9:00 PM . To the extent thunderstorms occur in Belize during June, they are most likely to occur around 12:00 PM (noon) , as shown in the following table - http://belize-guide.info/weather/june/

July

During July, rain is most likely to occur around 6:00 AM , and least likely to occur around 6:00 PM . To the extent thunderstorms occur in Belize during July, they are most likely to occur around 12:00 AM (midnight) , as shown in the following table - http://belize-guide.info/weather/july/

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,753 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visiting Belize in July?

It's very rare where the rain stops you from doing what you want to do. Little rains are much appreciated since they cool things down. Many times, it'll rain a little while it's sunny out, giving a little sun shower. I wouldn't worry at all.

New York City, New...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Visiting Belize in July?

Thanks everyone!

New Smyrna Beach...
Level Contributor
5 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visiting Belize in July?

Just got back from Belize, spent 3 weeks in July. Rainy season wasn't so rainy, I live in Florida and it seems quiet similar, yes it may rain everyday and it may rain on your wedding, but it does not rain all day. Rain blows in and out, in the mountains the water runs off all day even after the rain stopped. The water in Placencia, Belize City, and Corazal are cloudy brown/green not blue as you may expect because of this runoff. Out in Ambergris Caye and Caye Caulker things are still blue. Temp. is in 80's and humidity is high very similar to Florida weather. Bugs are not sprayed as much as they are in states so expect them, remember no winter freeze.

Ambergris Caye
Destination Expert
for San Ignacio, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye
Level Contributor
2,544 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Visiting Belize in July?

I was at a beach wedding up north Saturday and it started raining heavy enough to roll the sides of the tents down during the reception. About 5 - 10 minutes later they were being rolled right back up, rain was done and sun was shining again.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
7 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Visiting Belize in July?

What part if belize is best in the end of June early July. We want to scuba dive and do some hiking. Any advise. North south placencia cays???

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
7 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Visiting Belize in July?

What part if belize is best in the end of June early July. We want to scuba dive and do some hiking. Any advise. North south placencia cays???

Get answers to your questions about San Pedro
Recent Conversations