We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

reviews of Grand caribe and the Phoenix

Which San Pedro hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Flower Mound, Texas
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
reviews of Grand caribe and the Phoenix

So many places to stay...what do you think of the Grand Caribe and the Phoenix. Can you swim in the ocean right off the beach at either place?

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
14,962 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: reviews of Grand caribe and the Phoenix

The Phoenix has a sea wall in front of it. You'll have to walk a bit north or south for walking into the water. Lots of people swim off the dock at Paradise Villas, right next door to the Phoenix.

I don't get up by the Grand Caribe very often. I'm pretty sure there is sandy beach there, but, I don't know if there's decent swimming. So much of the shoreline, the water is very very shallow and filled with sea grass. Most places the swimming is off the docks.

Some resorts have cleared away some of the sea grass, I don't know if Grand Caribe is one. I'll be up by there on Monday, I"ll take a closer look.

Ambergris Caye
Destination Expert
for San Ignacio, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye
Level Contributor
2,490 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: reviews of Grand caribe and the Phoenix

Love them both for different reasons.

You can swim in the ocean right off the beach at Grand Caribe, there is some sea grass. They also have kayaks for use by guests and the snorkeling in that area is great.

San Pedro, Belize
Level Contributor
560 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: reviews of Grand caribe and the Phoenix

Both are very nice resorts, but one is in town (Phoenix) and the other is north of the bridge (Grande Caribe). I would suggest renting a golf cart if you choose Grand Caribe and are wanting to be able to explore town, check out the island's restaurants, and/or nightlife etc. I usually swim off a dock wherever I happen to be on the island.

4. Re: reviews of Grand caribe and the Phoenix

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2013, 10:23