We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Belize fly fishing for bones

7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Belize fly fishing for bones

We are planning for a week Blize/ San Pedro in April next year. What and where is the main area for bone fly fishing? Guide advice? Any and all suggestions will be welcomed. thx

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
7,253 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Belize fly fishing for bones

Plenty of great fishing guides on San Pedro. Google Go Fish, amongst the best

Ambergris Caye
Destination Expert
for San Ignacio, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye
Level Contributor
2,630 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Belize fly fishing for bones

Ask Steve at www.fishingsanpedro.com he may have a recommend for you.

7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Belize fly fishing for bones

tried googling "go fish" and the rules for the card game came up. ?? Here is another question. I read that bonefishing in the south is better. If so, how far south and what town could I use for a reference point?

Danville, California
Level Contributor
36 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Belize fly fishing for bones

Just got back from San Pedro and I set up a bone fishing trip with a guy named `Nano' through our B&B `Changes in Latitudes'. `Short' Nano( there is another Nano fishing guide) picked me up at the dock and we headed south and fished the flats down there. He was very patient and could spot fish 10 times better than I could! Booked a half day with him and it was great. There are some flats you can access yourself around the 5 mile marker on the road south of San Pedro. Wading can be really hard; you can sink in to you knees if you are not careful.

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,923 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Belize fly fishing for bones

When I read about bone fishing in southern Belize, I think of Placencia and Monkey River.

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
12,446 posts
329 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Belize fly fishing for bones

Mralmacity - Can you clarify? I can't tell if you'll only be on Ambergris or are looking for good bonefish recommendations for other areas of Belize (in which case I'd have some).

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
7,253 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Belize fly fishing for bones

gofish@btl.net

7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Belize fly fishing for bones

Still in the planning stages. Open to other areas if there are beach and other amenities for the Mrs

7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Belize fly fishing for bones

We are planning to stay in the San Pedro area at the "Blue Tang" /

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
12,446 posts
329 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Belize fly fishing for bones

I'm sorry I can't help more for Ambergris - we're visiting for the 1st time in August. We've chosen to stay far north of San Pedro, though, at Tranquility Bay so we'll have access to fishing and snorkeling from shore (but not much else).