We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hol Chan Marine Reserve

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Topic
Hol Chan Marine Reserve

On my trip to Belize I will be going to Hol Chan to snorkel in Shark Ray Alley and I was wondering if it is possible to stay on the boat? My travel mate does not swim (not even with a life vest) but I would hate to leave her behind.

belize
Destination Expert
for Belize, Placencia, Ambergris Caye, Cayo, San Ignacio
Level Contributor
6,909 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hol Chan Marine Reserve

Then book the glass bottom boat, so while one is in the water, the other can see from the boat.

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hol Chan Marine Reserve

Good idea, thanks.

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
427 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hol Chan Marine Reserve

I dont think you will need a glass bottom boat. It's about 5-10 ft and you can clearly see off the side of the boat. I would recommend Lil Alfonso who is well known for this tour. He will have no problem with your friend staying on the boat.

richmond
Level Contributor
169 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hol Chan Marine Reserve

Lil Alphonse will be sure that both of you are happy. He's awesome!

San Ignacio, Belize
Level Contributor
4,753 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hol Chan Marine Reserve

Hol Chan is a must, and even if one stays in the boat, one can see the sharks, rays, and reef.

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hol Chan Marine Reserve

Is this Lil Alfonso easy to find?

7. Re: Hol Chan Marine Reserve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 00:40