We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From bus station (Novotel's) to Water Taxi Dock

A J
Toronto, Canada
11 posts
Save Topic
From bus station (Novotel's) to Water Taxi Dock

Hi,

I'm wondering how to get from the bus station to the water taxi dock. Can I walk (how long of a walk) or should I take a taxi? If taking a taxi, how much should I negotiate for the fare? This is my first time in Belize (actually, a REAL vacation), so any help is appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,350 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From bus station (Novotel's) to Water Taxi Dock

If that's the main bus station in Belize city, it isn't very far, I'd guess less than half a mile. We did take a cab since we had no idea where we were going. it wasn't much, less than US$5.00.

If you don't have much luggage and get good directions, I'd walk it.

Caribbean
Level Contributor
5,687 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: From bus station (Novotel's) to Water Taxi Dock

It's an easy walk of about 1 km all along sidewalks through the city.

Exit the bus terminal, turn left and walk about 150 metres to Cemetery Road.

Turn right and cross over the small bridge -- from this point, the street is also known as Orange Street. Continue for 500 to 600 m until you reach Albert Street -- the Belize Bank should be almost directly ahead. This is the downtown area of the city.

Turn left, walk for about 100 m and cross the famous Swing Bridge.

Turn right onto North Front Street and the Caye Caulker Water Taxi terminal is on your right. The other water taxi terminal is a couple of hundred metres along North Front Street.

Belizeans are friendly -- ask for help if you need it.

There's a map on the BelizeBus site, and you can follow the route on Google Earth.

http://belizebus.wordpress.com/

If you have heavy luggage, or it's really hot, or it's at night, you might want a taxi. The standard fare for that distance was BZ$5, but it might be BZ$6 now. Ensure that the driver is quoting the fare in Belize dollars, and not US$.

Edited: 05 August 2012, 14:21
Ambergris Caye
Destination Expert
for San Ignacio, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye
Level Contributor
2,525 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From bus station (Novotel's) to Water Taxi Dock

It is nit far as mentioned above, deciding factor might be how much are you carrying luggage wise.

Caribbean
Level Contributor
5,687 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: From bus station (Novotel's) to Water Taxi Dock

The BC bus terminal is known as "Novelo's", not Novotel's.

Novelo's is the name of a former bus company.

5. Re: From bus station (Novotel's) to Water Taxi Dock

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2013, 09:17