We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seven seas resort

fort lauderdale
Level Contributor
17 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Seven seas resort

Does anyone have info on Seven seas resort. Where are they located? Does it look like a nice property? I heard they were renovated recently. Is the area close to bars and downtown. What is their beach area like, I know theres not much beach anywhere.

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seven seas resort

Are 52 reviews not helpful?

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,031 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seven seas resort

Seven Seas is north of downtown, but not as far north as the bridge. Numerous bars/restaurants in walking distance.

I think there are three or four buildings. I wouldn't mind staying there IF I had a unit in the building that faces the ocean.

It's an older property, I don't know how recently it's been renovated.

I'm guessing the beach right in front probably isn't great. You'd probably want to head a bit south to find a nicer stretch of beach.

Hon
Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
1,242 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Seven seas resort

In the winter, I live next door to Seven Seas. It is located within walking distance to everything you need. Wayo's Beach Bar, one of my favorite places, is just a few steps to the south.

The best word I can think of to describe Seven Seas is 'tired'. The renovation last year was really just a fresh coat of paint. None of the appliances or bathroom/kitchen fixtures were updated and only furniture and window coverings that were beyond repair were replaced. The suites are very, very small, some are quite dark and others have no balcony or views.

What Seven Seas does have that I quite like, is a nice, breezy sandy area out front with padded loungers for guests. It gets a fair bit of sun in the morning but in the heat of the afternoon there's lots of shade.

For swimming, we usually head down to the pier at Patojo's Dive Shop...about a 3 minute walk south...or up to Boca del Rio Park at the cut...about 5 minutes north...where there is a nice sandy area to wade in.

Edited: 27 August 2012, 22:24
Ambergris Caye
Destination Expert
for San Ignacio, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye
Level Contributor
2,501 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seven seas resort

2 alternative options in that area:

Hotel Del Rio just a bit further north http://hoteldelriobelize.com/?

Mayan Princess to the south http://www.mayanprincesshotel.com/

5. Re: Seven seas resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 05:19